PDA

View Full Version : Can't Reach Kathie

ColColt
05-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask this or not but I've tried to respond to a pm from Kathie(The Captain) twice and noticed it never appeared to be sent as it wasn't shown in my Sent box. How can I know if she got the message or not? If it made it, it should have appeared in my Sent folder.

lead-1
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
When you reply to a PM make sure that the little box below where you type is checkmarked, otherwise the message will not go to your sent file. Below your message box there is this, make sure it has a checkmark in the box.

Miscellaneous Options
Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder.

ColColt
05-27-2011, 03:09 PM
That box is checked and in fact it's been checked from day one. The problem seemed to start after I pm'd someone else just before Kathie but her's doesn't seem to have gone through either time I tried as it still doesn't show in the Sent box but everyone else does? I don't know if she got either message.

montana_charlie
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I've tried to respond to a pm from Kathie(The Captain) twice
How did you try to respond?
Did you create a new message and send it?
Or, did you click on the 'reply' button in a message she sent you?

If you started a fresh message, you may have misspelled her username.
I notice that in your post you spelled it The Captain ... when it should be TheCaptain.

CM

ColColt
05-27-2011, 06:33 PM
It was in response to her last pm...not a new message. This hasn't happened before and couldn't' figure out what happened now. I know she hasn't gotten it as I asked a question in my last response and haven't heard back. I tried twice to send it via hitting the reply but it still doesn't show as being sent.

fishhawk
05-27-2011, 07:01 PM
if you have just been hitting reply you arn't sending it! you must click on submit message!

ColColt
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I figured out what was wrong. The continued replaying to her and her back, the last time I tried to reply and hit submit the message was too long. I deleted part of the earlier text, hit submit and it went through. No more unsolved mysteries.

300winmag
05-27-2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=ColColt;1283518]I figured out what was wrong. The continued replaying to her and her back, the last time I tried to reply and hit submit the message was too long. I deleted part of the earlier text, hit submit and it went through. No more unsolved mysteries.[/QUOTE

I think for myself typing that long of a message to run out of text, I would have called her on the phone.

geargnasher
05-28-2011, 02:14 AM
If two people keep replying to the same message over and over again, it takes very little time to accumulate a huge message that will exceed the limit.

Gear