PDA

View Full Version : A hearty Calgary Stampede yahoo to y'all!

Canuck Bob
05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Perfect Yahooooo Yell!, My NOE 311316 115 gr three cavity mould arrived from my American friend Tom, odinohi here, in perfect condition. Two hands shook across a fiendly border (rare in this messed up world).

I've only seen LEE moulds and one older TC maxi Ball so far. This NOE mould is a true work of industiral design art in the finest, made in the U.S.A. tradition. Tom described it as unused and good condition. It is flawless under a 10X loupe. I'll be cleaning and oven conditioning it tonight.

The mould is a three cavity with two PB cavities and one HP GC cavity. Perfect for my needs. A great bullet for lo-vel and a great bullet for pushing on my 32-20. First bullet is next week or so. The deal included a set of Red River Ricks handles and also in the truest made in Canada tradition. And Bullshops sample bottle of bullplate in the finest made in the North tradition. After all Alaskans are really Canadians with wierd passports, lol.

Update on casting outfitting. We cut an old propane cylinder to make a nice smelting pot (or lead melting and cleaning vessel for the pedantic). A turkey frier from Canadian Tire and 100#s of Lawerence Mag #8/9 shot and 150#s of roofing lead. I'll use a bunch of Wallymart condiment cups for ingots, sawdust and charcoal for fluxing with a kitty litter top cover, the lead will be cast in seperate runs so the clean ingots can be used for playing around with alloys, 95/5 solder for tin. Payday the Lee ladle pot and Lyman ladle are on thier way, smelt in one pot and cast in another.

Thanks to Tom, a straight shooter and fine gentleman. To all of you for how would a guy ever learn so much before his first melt. The most important lessons don't involve gear, moulds or bullets. Friendly characters teaching a guy how to cast and do no harm to himself or his family or burning down the garage, doesn't get better.