PDA

View Full Version : Buck(y) Beaver

leftiye
05-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi, have any of you tried the "Buck Beaver Bullet Caster's Flux" (or something like that) that's on sale on evil Bay?

Well, I got a jar of it, and I think it's the real deal. I used a little to flux my pots (casting, and sprue/refill pot) today and had the absolute best casting session I think I've ever had. It's not like marvelux and it doesn't coat your pot with (cuss words). It sizzles some, but ends up being what appears to be ash (works fer me).

Best of all, I use a bottom pour Lyman, and I thimk it got rid of most of the carp that seems to settle out and end up in my bulljits. This is what I wanted to try it for. Seemed to remove something that was interfereing with casting too, as the melt casted cooler, flowed better, was less temperamental, and there were less inclusions.

I won't stop using crushed charcoal on top of my melt, and I will still flux by stirring with a stick, but I think I'll hit both pots with a little of this at the first of each casting session. Viva los cast boolits!:bigsmyl2:

Spartacus
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Sounds good but could not find it on eBay.

montana_charlie
05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Do a search for Beaver Flux . it will show up.
CM

Spartacus
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks Charlie. Got it. Its called Buck Flux and looks real good.