PDA

View Full Version : Honesty in Advertising...seldom seem...

Texasflyboy
12-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Saw this pop up on one of the auction sites this morning. It's rare that you really get an opportunity to see honesty like this up front:

Up for auction is a Hensley & Gibbs 4 cavity 38 caliber bullet mold. The original Mold handles are included. The mold casts 158 grain Semi Wad Cutters. I bought it used from the widow of a departed bullet caster in 1971. She brought it into the gun store where I was working and announced she wanted to get rid of her husband's "junk." So I fleeced her(emphasis added). As you can see from the photos I have taken care of it over the years. Although it is well used, it is still in excellent condition. There is no rust or pitting. The dowel pins are still tight. The mold handles are tight, the wood is intact with no cracks. All in all this is a good usable mold from a classic mold maker. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding..

Displaying pride in fleecing an old widow out of something potentially valuable. Never thought I'd see the day someone would be stupid enough to put that out in public.

:(

KCSO
12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Who Knows: I once had a divorcee come in and wanted to sell all the reloading tools she demanded, and got, when she split from her ex. I asked what she wanted for the batch, as I remember a press, a scale , powder measures , dies and powder and primers. She said, "I'll take $50 for the whole works, IF you tell that SOB what you paid for it." I paid up and kept my promise and we both were happy. When my Uncle died his wife called in the junk men and they emptied all the tools from his garage, she didn't care she just wanted more room to park the caddy. I would have paid good money for all that stuff.

C1PNR
12-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Who Knows: I once had a divorcee come in and wanted to sell all the reloading tools she demanded, and got, when she split from her ex. I asked what she wanted for the batch, as I remember a press, a scale , powder measures , dies and powder and primers. She said, "I'll take $50 for the whole works, IF you tell that SOB what you paid for it." I paid up and kept my promise and we both were happy. When my Uncle died his wife called in the junk men and they emptied all the tools from his garage, she didn't care she just wanted more room to park the caddy. I would have paid good money for all that stuff.
I think this kind of stuff happens more often than we'd like to know! I guess the lucky ones got the divorce well before they died! Life's a bitch, then you die.:coffee:

wills
12-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Moral to this is you ought to inventory all your equipment, with photographs, if possible, serial numbers, and approximate values, both for insurance purposes and to elucidate for next of kin what all that “stuff” is, what it is worth.