PDA

View Full Version : LLA Alternate

steg
05-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Anyone know where the stuff can be purchased, I said stuff cause I can't remember the name of the product, it's supposed to work as well as LLA and be more cost effective ( cheaper, LOL) I'd appreciate it if someone could post the address.......................steg

zxcvbob
05-21-2011, 03:31 PM
White Label "XLOX". There's also a liquid lube called "Rooster Jacket" that is interesting.

mooman76
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
JPW (johnsons paste wax) also works pretty good. Fould in most stores wher you find the furnature polish. Some also like to mix it 50/50 with LLA and 10% thinner. Does't dry tacky like staight LLA does.

crabo
05-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Check out the lube section on this site

357shooter
05-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Try http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/liquid-x.html for White Label lubes

steg
05-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the iinfo Guys, I couldn't remember that name, and I'd just about given up on finding JPW, I'll keep looking, 357shooter thanks for the URL.............................steg

kyswede
05-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Lowes around here sells JPW for $4.34/pound can. Bought 6 cans this week.
kyswede

Armorer
05-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Lowes and Home Depot both carry it in my neck of the woods. It's on the same aisle as the cleaning supplies, floor stripper, hand cleaner and so forth.

Armorer

Hardcast416taylor
05-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Here in Eastern Michigan you can find JPW in Meijer stores in the home cleaning/polishing section.Robert

shotman
05-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Everyone says the Lee is sticky ???? If you heat it is not. I carry 40s in my pocket and they are NOT sticky even at 85 * But you have to heat it till it runs like water . when set up on wax paper there is near NO lube on base and in one day they are dry

Three44s
05-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I have dusted mine in motor mica and that also eliminates stickiness as well.

I'll have to try heating it up ......... thanks Shotman!

Three 44s

steg
05-22-2011, 03:29 AM
I never thought to look in Lowes, and there's one nearby, now I'll be able to try that 45/45/10 mix and heat it also, I just read a post where someone describes how he does it, I read it quick but didn't retain much of it, I never thought I would find JPW, now if I can find that post again, LOL, thanks a bunch for all your help Guys, I really appreciate it. My Son finally really got the shooting bug now, I've got him set up casting reloading, the whole nine yards, and were really going thru the LLA that I got from LEE ordering sizing dies and whatever you buy that they throw a bottle of it in the box, when I use the stuff straight, after it goes on the tray, I've got a squirrel fan that really pushes some air out, and stirred every half an hour or so the boolits are ready to use in a few hours, I do thin it out a little with Mineral Spirits, and do two applications of LLA. Heating the mixture should drive off alot of the volitale stuff, and that should speed up drying time even more.......................................steg