PDA

View Full Version : The Down and Dirty Manfacturing of Boolits

Sprue
05-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Seldom I see boolits or jacketed (Swaging) bullets for sale on various Boards. Its my thinking that its unlawful to Cast boolits with the intent to Sale without legal obligations ? If my thinking is correct, and I think it is, whats the FFL Class license needed ? If my thinking again, is correct, theres lots of Rules and Regs needed to comply, not even considering State Sales Tax Forms along with other various overhead such as Insurance, and the sorts.

Someone please tell me if I'm not dreaming this up.....

I almost positive that this was brought up at a point in time long ago, but I can't find any related Posts. I think everyone should read this Post for they're own sake.

Mods...... This disclaimer should be a Sticky in the Swappin and Sellin Thread if I'm near to being on track and not be so Taboo.

montana_charlie
05-20-2011, 06:42 PM
A forum search turned this up ... http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=1268896&postcount=15

CM

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-20-2011, 07:23 PM
here is a thread I posted some info I know about.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=112052

I think the rules and regs are more paperwork, collecting taxes, and letting the Feds inspect your place. Also, if you're going to manufacture ammo... proper primer and powder storage, and maybe liability insurance too.

Sprue
05-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I was thinking that there was a Post made a lot longer ago than that. Regardless, it should have been made a Sticky.

That sort of Disclaimer ought to be made easily available for all to see and be made aware of for those that never though about it in the least.

geargnasher
05-20-2011, 08:51 PM
There was a long and ugly thread involving similar discussion about a year or so ago, AriM was the OP. The subject was his tumble-lube concoction, but the gist was he wanted to develop a formula for commercial use, and the 06 FFL subject among others came up.

I think MakeMinea10mm is up on this as would be any of our members such as Longwood or the fellow operating Dry Creek Bullet Works (sorry, this is all off the top of my very tired Friday-evening head right now, there are many other members here commercially casting boolits and doing it legally who could help out).

Gear

Sprue
05-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Personally I myself have never sold any boolits but I bet there are a few that don't know any better. Now I've shipped out a few here and there to those looking for testing purposes but I only charged them shipping....... sometimes I just shipped them out on my dime cause I knew better.

deltaenterprizes
05-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I did commercial casting for 12 years, a type 06 FFL isrequired frr ANY ammunition component, Brass cases,bullets, powder, primers. I think it is still $30 for 3 years.