PDA

View Full Version : Williams Foolproof Target for Weaver Base

ohland
05-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I didn't know that Williams was smart enough to make a FoolProof for Weaver bases. I have a hankering to put this on a T/C Contender with a Weaver base that extends a bit to the rear of the breech. There is a IMHSA silhouette rear sight that I've seen, but it supposedly is a bit sloppy. The name of Lyman has been connected with this sight, it sorta appears like a 57 style of manufacture...

If this sight is for a different base, I'll just machine a Weaver base so this will work. Maybe put my Micro-Sight on it and let my Dad use it with his .375 Win Contender...

[smilie=w:

OBXPilgrim
05-18-2011, 06:01 PM
That looks like the Williams Target sight that is made for .22 caliber rifles with grooved receivers.

If I remember correctly, they make one that is a high profile & one low profile.

ohland
05-18-2011, 07:06 PM
That looks like the Williams Target sight that is made for .22 caliber rifles with grooved receivers.

If I remember correctly, they make one that is a high profile & one low profile.

Now that I think of it, it could be for grooved receivers. There is an Anschutz that I haven't shot in over 15 years that could use this sight as-is (if it is for FP-Target)

FP-GR looks similar, has the mounting screw in the top center of the base.

I could just run the center mounting screw down though the weaver base. Clean up the dovetails, recut to those used on grooved receivers.

ohland
05-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Won't catch on receiver grooves on Rem 540XR. Yet to try Anschutz Sporter 64.

Flash 1 June... It does work on the 540X. Kinda. Looks slightly canted, the grooves look a bit thin. I bought a Williams FP Deluxe Target High and its in transit. Some diddling with the front base (.156 high) and the stock sight mounting base may need to happen. Here's a good setup to see if the MicroSight works.

Now if the targets would not wobble so much, as opposed to my rock-like stance, it would be easier...