PDA

View Full Version : Back on line!

Bret4207
05-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, we got a "Wireless N adapter" for my computer finally so I can at least check the news without borrowing a laptop! Neat little device, no stringing wires, no fear of a phone line surge frying the 'puter from lightening and it's pretty fast...hard to judge line speed with this particular computer! Our local pastor fixed some issues with my newer, much faster computer, but it won't load the wireless program for some reason, something about the MS wireless program being on or off or something. I was too tired to play with it last night.

Papa has had two good days in a row! Took him out to get welding O2, gas and some additional garden seeds yesterday. That gave Nana a 4 hour break, which was about the first break from him she's had in a very long time. Art (Papa) enjoyed getting out and seeing the Amish working with horses and other farmer fitting their fields, just like in his youth. I do have to get Nana to stop feeding the guy coffee at 7PM and then wondering why he's awake till midnight!

Once again, my sincerest thanks for the kindness and prayers. You guys are the best.:drinks:

Jim
05-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Glad to see ya' back, Bret. Do give "Papa" a 'Good mornin', Sir!' for me and give "Nana" a hug and tell her I sent that.

82nd airborne
05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Woohoo! I was missing your posts already!

05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Bret,
Those "good days" are small blessings and may you and the family have many of them. Dementia/Alzheimer's is hardest on the caregivers, so make sure everyone can have some time to themselves. It's not easy.

I wish you all the best.

MtGun44
05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Do what you can to let him get out, I am of the opinion that stimulation is good for
the mind. My father is starting to slip quite a bit, but still can carry on a pretty cogent
conversation and enjoys visiting. The basic decisions don't get made well any more,
though. It just is what it is and we have to deal with it.

I hope your FIL does well and maybe getting into a different environment with different
stimulations will help him do better.

As to the wireless - we got DSL a while back and it included a wireless router. Really nice
to come home from work, take the laptop into the back yard (shady side in the evening)
in summer and check the news while the cat explores the yard. No wires for my news,
CastBoolits and whatever. I think you'll like the freedom from fiddling with cables.

Bill

sundog
05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Hang in there, Bret.

smoked turkey
05-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Welcome back. Good to hear that he (you and other caregivers as well) had four good days in a row. Hopefully that will be a normal occurance. Yep do like the wireless router.

btroj
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Welcome back. The best to you and your family.

Catshooter
05-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Good you're back in the fold Bret.

Keep the faith buddy.

Cat

Bad Water Bill
05-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Lost my dad the same way after 60+ years of marriage to my mom. Sad to say he never recognized his only grandson. Hang in there and collect all of the memories you can. We will be here when ever you need us. This IS a family remember.

6.5 mike
05-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Bret, nice to have your cynical, contrary, opinionated & cranky butt back. :kidding:

curiousgeorge
05-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Plus 1 on what 6.5 mike said. ( I really do mean that in the nicest possible way!!! )

Welcome back and take care.

Steve

7br
05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Good to have ya back

swheeler
05-16-2011, 03:08 PM
God bless you and your family! Prayers sent, Scott

Boy oh boy was that few days of peace and quiet niice though! Hardy har har