PDA

View Full Version : My wife just cracked me up!

BD
05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
We're sitting here watching the TV, and I'm reading Cast Boolits, and my wife say's she's adapted a saying she heard today:

An old guy tell's his best friend, " My biggest fear is that , after I'm gone, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I'd paid for them".

We're still laughing.
BD

kodiak1
05-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Damn that is a serious worry!!!!!!!!!!!

If she did I would never talk to her again!!!!!!!!!

LOL Ken

Blammer
05-12-2011, 10:30 PM
:D

I just leave a note in the safe with the guns saying "I"m sorry I lied, sell these guns for "X" dollars and go party!"

Calamity Jake
05-13-2011, 08:11 AM
After going to severial gun auctions in my neck of the woods I tell her to sell at auction first as anything brings $150 to $300 more than it's worth.

She likes em just as much as I do so she knows how much I pay for them.

1Shirt
05-13-2011, 10:21 AM
A friend of mind used to come home from a match and tell his wife that he just won and new rifle. Got away with it for quite awhile until a friend of his told his wife, and his wife, told my friends wife. He was probably doing it about twice a year for 8-10 years before she found out. His wife had been convinced that he was a H--- of a shot up to that point!
1Shirt!:coffee:

chboats
05-13-2011, 10:28 AM
You guys have got it all wrong. I tell my wife what I am looking for and she surprises me with it. Life is great!!

Carl

lavenatti
05-13-2011, 10:39 AM
The trick is to have so many she can't tell what the new ones are.

roysha
05-13-2011, 10:56 AM
His theory was to always leave two or three empty spaces at the end of the gun rack since when the wife cleaned and dusted she only counted the empty spaces to make sure he had not added to the collection even though the collection was growing on the other end. When she complained about how it seemed to take longer and longer to dust the gun case he explained that it was probably just age catching up to her.

Now that last part might take a little more guts than some of us have but it seems to have worked for him.

fatnhappy
05-13-2011, 11:51 AM

I pulled that one with my wife until she overheard me talking with my buddy about my 1903 springfield.

I figured she just ignored everything I said.

casterofboolits
05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
My wife would check the the gunshops I visited on a regular basis and pik up anything I had on layaway for Christmas and my birthday. I always made sure I had something on layaway. :bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

captaint
05-13-2011, 05:03 PM
BD - Great to hear your wife has a sense of humor... We all need that in marriage. My favorite line, when I hauled out a new piece, was "oh, I've had that". Never said how long though. Then one time she asked "really, how long"?? We both got a chuckle. enjoy Mike

dbldblu
05-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I buy mostly used, C&R.

"Oh that old thing, no I've had that a long time".

Buckshot
05-14-2011, 12:40 AM
..............Give the new gun to your buddy, then have him come over after dinner and have your wife answer the door. Your pal then hands it to her and says, " Here's Joe's rifle/pistol I borrowed a couple months back.

..............Buckshot

10x
05-14-2011, 12:55 AM

Works for me. Although when the delivery guy drops it at her office and she has to sign for it, she does clue in...

Slingshot
05-14-2011, 10:19 AM
If a new firearm "Magically" appears on my bench, She asks is that a new one? No, I am doing some work on it for a guy I know at the range. I think she is on to my scheme as she wonders when I plan on giving the firearm back to that "guy from the range"
:holysheep[smilie=f:

Three44s
05-14-2011, 10:30 AM
My wife likes guns ........ in fact she ADORES M1 Garrands .........

We were at a memorial service for a 20+ Army man and they did a gun salute for him ........ used Garrands ...........

Amidst the somberness, my wife asks if those are Garrands and I said yes.

She says .......... see if you can snag one of those ...........

Three 44s

Smoke-um if you got-um
05-14-2011, 06:10 PM
A friend of mind used to come home from a match and tell his wife that he just won and new rifle. Got away with it for quite awhile until a friend of his told his wife, and his wife, told my friends wife. He was probably doing it about twice a year for 8-10 years before she found out. His wife had been convinced that he was a H--- of a shot up to that point!
1Shirt!:coffee:

I did that back in 1989 when I got home from a benchrest match. Only did it once, but it certainly did work. Have also used the working on the gun for a friend routine more than a few times, and here I thought I had the market cornered on being slick...... that being right up until the time she caught on to my shenanigans.
Gotta pay the piper every once in awhile. [smilie=1:

Mike

10x
05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I did that back in 1989 when I got home from a benchrest match. Only did it once, but it certainly did work. Have also used the working on the gun for a friend routine more than a few times, and here I thought I had the market cornered on being slick...... that being right up until the time she caught on to my shenanigans.
Gotta pay the piper every once in awhile. [smilie=1:

Mike

I've actually won a couple of rifles at competitions, not that I was a great shot, but I just happened to be a bit better than the rest....

Gee_Wizz01
05-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I have recently won several rifles at competition recently! After all Gun Broker really is a form of competition!

G

runfiverun
05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
i just take her with me and have her fill out the paperwork, that way they are all hers.
i was looking at some ruger 44 specials the other day she asked which one i liked i said the blued one.
she wanted me to get the bisley and the stainless.
finally she said do you got enough to get all three?
i says yeah.
she likes shooting the blued and i like the stainless, the bisley is still in the box.
kinda his N hers matching.

Jailer
05-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Hmmm, lots of good ideas here for future acquisition's. :bigsmyl2:

I've already got things covered if my case matures early. A shooting buddy of mine will sell all the guns for her and in return he gets all my casting and reloading stash and equipment.

Charlie Two Tracks
05-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I like your Avatar runfiverun

mnkyracer
05-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Pulled a 2 for one a while back. Guy was selling a Beretta 302 and an Angelo Zoli o/u. Knocked $50 off each and an additional $50 if I took both. Got the OK to buy one, guy took payments on the other.

Almost got caught once though. Bought an H&R .410 just because. She went with me to buy a used Glock 21 the next day. There was a hold up on the background check and I thought for sure they were gonna ask about the previous day's purchase. She never noticed the H&R, blends right in with the others in the case.