PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Order source for J words?

JesterGrin_1
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Where do most people shop online. IE Midway/Midwsouth/Nachez/Brownells or any other place?

I am looking to purchase some J word bullets mainly Hornady 35 cal 250 Gr for my Whelen project?

Thank You one and all.

frankenfab
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I usually shop at Midway, unless something is out of stock. I just HATE navigating Natchez's website. I also usually try some Sierra bullets, as they are usually cheaper. They have great customer service, too (Sierrra). I don't have anything against Hornady or Nosler, but I refuse to jump on the expensive Barnes bandwagon until they become competitive pricewise.

Phillip
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Have you tried your local gun shops? I have one by me that sells powder and boolits cheaper then midway.

Anther place is these guys if I'm buying in bulk and my local shop can not get it....

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/index.html

JesterGrin_1
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh yes I have tried my local gun shops. Other than the fact that they are way overpriced due to the lack of competition they do not carry bullets the size I need since I am in South Texas the use of say a 358 is very sparse to say the least.

And yes I was looking at Powder Valley. But they do not keep Hornady on hand. I even called about them and they could not give me a definite answer as to when they might have them. They informed me that I would be better off placing a separate order for the bullets and when they came in they would ship them. But they have no idea when that would be.

They do offer the Sierra and Speer Bullets on hand to ship. I just may go with the Speer 250 Gr.

onesonek
05-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Check Grafs out,,,,With some products they may be a dollar higher than some others, but they are less costly on shipping. Most generally, they beat the competition because of the flat $5.00 shipping charge.

lavenatti
05-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Not much of a selection but hi-techammo.com has great prices.

August
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Powder Valley (period).

JesterGrin_1
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Powder Valley (period).

I have to agree. If Powder Valley has the bullets you need on hand they are cheaper. As I placed an order with them for some TAC and the Speer 250Gr SP for the 35 Whelen.

Thank You one and all. :bigsmyl2: