PDA

View Full Version : Strange Post Notification

alamogunr
05-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Does anyone else occasionally get strange email notifications of a post to a thread you have subscribed to? This downloaded to my email box less than an hour ago:

Longwood has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Starline 45-70 brass group buy. - in the Active Group Buy's forum of Cast Boolits. This thread is located at: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=114070&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** I went shopping yesterday and bought a can of the roast beef canned in Brazil. I had a cold roast beef sandwich, with lots of MiracleWhip, lettuce, tomato and a dill pickle on the side. :D ***************

It is nowhere to be found. All I can figure out is that Longwood posted something in the wrong place and quickly deleted it. This is not the first time this has happened. Notification of a post but it is not there.:confused:

John
W.TN

Longwood
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I tried to delete it.
It was on the wrong forum.
I have no idea what happened.

alamogunr
05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Longwood: No harm, no foul. I was just curious what happened. Apparently the email notification went out before you were able to delete the post.

Glad you enjoyed the sandwich. Sounded delicious.

John
W.TN

mooman76
05-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I joined another site and by default started getting email notifications of replies to every thread I replied to. It was quite annoying but I finally got it shut off. Why someone would want to get a email on every reply is beyond me but that was the default setting.

SciFiJim
05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Why someone would want to get a email on every reply is beyond me but that was the default setting.

I have my subscriptions set this way on purpose. I bop on and off of the forum multiple times each evening. I always have my email open and can see is someone replied to a thread that I am following. I am up to about 775 threads subscribed to. However, most are moldy and dead and very deep into the individual forums. I am usually actively following 6 - 10 threads at once.

alamogunr
05-07-2011, 10:03 PM
If I get tired or disgusted with a thread that I am subscribed to, I just unsubscribe. For example the thread on Gpal.

John
W.TN

SciFiJim
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
If I get tired or disgusted with a thread that I am subscribed to, I just unsubscribe. For example the thread on Gpal.

John
W.TN

Ditto

Longwood
05-08-2011, 12:08 AM
No,,, not a child. Old dude on wrong forum.

montana_charlie
05-08-2011, 12:24 PM
could be a spammer
No way.
The message specifically said roast beef.

9.3X62AL
05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
No way.
The message specifically said roast beef.

LOL! Longwood, I feel your pain--I'm another old dude with a puter, and my kids all think that having their Dad online is like giving whiskey and car keys to Beavis & Butthead.

Got-R-Did
05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
9.3 That is hysterical!
Got-R-Did