PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day (I am Diminnished ) Greatly

blaser.306
05-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Had to put one of the pack down this mrning ! We have / had 5 Basset hounds from the same mother ! The oldest male Browning ( Bubby ) was having short respirations and wnt in to the vet this morning at 8:00 and was put down shortly after . The prognosis was not good , Either heart disease or Limphatic Cancer . Either way I could not let my Buddy suffer in this manner just to ease my pain . I Know he went to a better place with no hurt and missery . And he will be with my Mom and her dog Scooter A 17 year old Jack russel Terrier / Daschund cross Causing problems for them now ! HE WILL BE MISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean D.
05-07-2011, 01:09 AM
I understand and share your grief, we just lost the last of our three dogs within the past month. It is good to know Bubby didn't suffer needlessly and is in a better place. I feel your pain my friend.

Dean D.

HARRYMPOPE
05-07-2011, 02:01 AM
My 15 yr old "at my feet" dog passed on three months back.it will be a strange summer without her.My friends dad said you get one good wife an one good dog an that's its.At least i had a good dog<G> Sometimes i swear i still see her greeting me as i pull up the driveway from work.

HMP

Bad Water Bill
05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
You only get one good wife BUT So far I have had 2 great dogs and I am sure there are many here who can raise that # a lot higher.

WILCO
05-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Stay strong Blaser and keep moving forward. My condolences to you and your family.

shdwlkr
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Well so far in my 60 plus years I have had 7 good dogs and 1 good wife that was murdered two since only hung on to me long enough to qualify for some money from me one more than the other.
I sit here and am looking at my current pup that has been with me for 6 years and I do understand losing a good dog.
I have had to put two down over the years never easy but sometimes it has to be done.

Heavy lead
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear that news Blaser. I know how you feel about man's best friend.

Multigunner
06-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Condolences, lost our big dog not long ago, he passed away peacefully in his sleep with his head on a throw pillow, which saved us from making the decision to put him down. He had appeared to be making a strong recovery but that was not to be.

Shiloh
06-11-2011, 12:27 PM
It hurts.

Fortunately, they are never forgotten, and there is room and love for another dog.

Shiloh

x101airborne
06-12-2011, 09:39 PM
My Maddie (an Australian heeler) has been with me since I left Iraq in 2003. I have cried to her and she has comforted me in my sleep. I have broken off two engagements with women who did not share my love for that dog. I dread the day I have to do what you have done, and I understand your pain. GOD bless you and your friend and let comfort and peace come to you both.