PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Mayville Engneering [Mec]

300winmag
05-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Hats off to Mayville Engineering [Mec].

I placed a good size order on 5-3-2011 11:30pm and the order showed up today 5-5-2011 1:10 pm that was quick. :holysheep

azcruiser
05-06-2011, 05:30 AM
MEC think is the only employee owned company in reloading field and it shows .Great people and product

Calamity Jake
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I've always had good service from them.

beagle
05-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Good equipment and good products and good customer service.

I was in the process of retoring an old MEC 250 a couple of years ago and they don't stock parts for them anymore. The customer service rep was very helpful. Order this and this for the MEC 650 and it will work. Between the crossreferenced parts and what I had, I got it running again.

Great people./beagle

Dale53
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Right after I retired, I was asked to load a serious quantity of ammo for a barricade penetrator for Law Enforcement use. These are 2" 12 gauge shotgun shells full of black powder substitute. It was an interesting project as I had NO loading data and had to do all of the development work, myself. It was a successful project.

I called MEC and explained the need for a new die set for my MEC Reloader. I don't really know what I expected, but MEC's response was immediate and positive. They told me it was a custom job and would take a week or so. The price was current pricing for their regular dies. They came through and worked perfectly! It just doesn't get any better than that. No where, no place!

I have loaded tens of thousands of shotgun shells on various MEC loaders with complete satisfaction. That coupled with their exemplary service keeps me a MEC customer.

Dale53

beagle
05-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Dale,

I started out loading on an old Lyman shotshell loader and paper cases back about 1960. It worked but man what a hassle with paper wads and wad column heigths. I even loaded some using the berdan caps instead of the present battery cup primers. I then acquired a batch of Remington Power Piston plastic hulls and a new (then) MEC 250. Man what a difference in ease of loading and shell performance.

That old MEC 250 is still working in the hands of #2 son and I have a MEC 650 now and neither has ever let me down./beagle

Right after I retired, I was asked to load a serious quantity of ammo for a barricade penetrator for Law Enforcement use. These are 2" 12 gauge shotgun shells full of black powder substitute. It was an interesting project as I had NO loading data and had to do all of the development work, myself. It was a successful project.

I called MEC and explained the need for a new die set for my MEC Reloader. I don't really know what I expected, but MEC's response was immediate and positive. They told me it was a custom job and would take a week or so. The price was current pricing for their regular dies. They came through and worked perfectly! It just doesn't get any better than that. No where, no place!

I have loaded tens of thousands of shotgun shells on various MEC loaders with complete satisfaction. That coupled with their exemplary service keeps me a MEC customer.

Dale53