PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using this?

selmerfan
05-03-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.dynamicfinishes.com/companies/dynatek-coatings/ I've got it in all of my firearms, I have yet to experience any copper fouling with J-words and purely carbon fouling with cast boolits. I just patch out with a good carbon cleaner and it's back to a mirror! John Barsness swears by the stuff.

geargnasher
05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Sounds a lot like the PB Blocker snake oil we tested a while back...

I use straight castor oil or Bullplate as a bore prep before shooting a cleaned barrel.

Gear

BABore
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Bill Evans sent me a bottle of his Ultra Bore Coat a few years back. I was very hesitant to try it in a bore. After reading up on it at 24 Hour Campfire, and John Barsness's comments, I went for it. I had a new-to-me Browning 22 Hornet that was miserable to clean. Must have took 10-15 patches to get it close to clean. I cleaned it thoroughly, then used my Outers Foul-out on it. When down to bare steel I treated the bbl according to the instructions. It now takes 3-4 patches to get it clean. No problems with cast to full jacketed velocity. It didn't change group size or POI a lick. It works as advertized IMO.

BABore
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Sounds a lot like the PB Blocker snake oil we tested a while back...

I use straight castor oil or Bullplate as a bore prep before shooting a cleaned barrel.

Gear

Nope! It's not even advertized as such. It simply eliminates most of the micro-pores where fouling has a place to adhere and collect. The pores are filled with some type of ceramic compound and it's there for life. A couple loose fitting patches saturated with the thin, clear solution are swabbed back and forth in the bbl and it's left vertical for an overnite sit. Firing it the next day is the final cure.

I'm more than pleased with the results.

selmerfan
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
I have experienced the same results as BABore, that's why I brought it up. It is (or was) a hot topic over at 24hourcampfire, and everyone who used it had virtually the same results. It didn't change precision of loads or POI, but cleaning is now something that takes a couple of minutes.

geargnasher
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I may have to try it, I have a couple of guns that could benefit from having the bore sealed a bit.

PB Blocker is a dose of surfacants and dispersants in a light mineral oil base, but it is advertised in a similar way to do similar things minus the ceramic compound.

Gear

leftiye
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
So where does one obtain this wonderful stuff?

stubshaft
05-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like it may contain tungsten dioxide as boron nitride will not stain anything it comes into contact with.

There is a wealth of information on the benchrest websites regarding the use of bore coatings and bullet coatings. I have been playing with some HBN (hexagonal boron nitride) powder as a bore coat and bullet coating for j words. It is some slippery stuff! It comes in a powder form and you can impact coat bullets by running them through a tumbler with STEEL balls. Some of the guys I have talked to also used it to coat lead boolits and had no fouling.

I am still trying to decide if I even want to attempt to coat a lead boolit with it, but can say that it is working real well for me in my BR barrels. As I said it comes in powder form and the one that measures .5 microns is the one most people are using. In fact it is what David Tubb is using to coat bullets for his customers.

selmerfan
05-05-2011, 09:01 AM
See the original post for the website...