PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks to RCBS

Longwood
05-01-2011, 02:55 AM
I lost the small capacity adjustment screw for my RCBS Uniflow measure so I wrote an Email to them asking how much a new one would cost. I noticed they wanted my address etc. and thought it was a bit premature that they would need that information before I made a purchase or even knew if I wanted to pay their asking price.
I did not get a response from them so I asked around on this site if anyone had one for sale and was offered a free one from a fine gentleman in Montana. He contacted me a few days later and said the screw would soon be in the mail but low and behold one came from RCBS completely unannounced the morning before.
Many thanks to RCBS. and the gentleman from Montana. I sure wish I could remember his name.

altheating
05-01-2011, 04:07 AM
RCBS is great. Last weel they sent me a retro decapping pin assembly for a set of 222 Rem, RGD dies that were almost 20 years old after I broke the decapping pin on a piece of berdan primed brass. Can't ask for better customer service than that! Thanks RCBS!

Longwood
05-01-2011, 04:22 PM
RCBS is great. Last weel they sent me a retro decapping pin assembly for a set of 222 Rem, RGD dies that were almost 20 years old after I broke the decapping pin on a piece of berdan primed brass. Can't ask for better customer service than that! Thanks RCBS!

I have an old style Lee hand primer that the end broke clean off of shortly after I bought it.
Just for giggles, I went on their site recently and they want me to pay to get an upgraded model that will probably break in the near future so instead of sending them MORE money I went with a new RCBS model instead.

Mr. Cha Ching
05-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I moved from Alaska to W. Colorado last year and the nice moving company (I did a poor job packing as well) broke the top to my uniflow and ripped a hole in a box containing my trim pro, losing just the handle. I never even thought about it, just called RCBS to buy a new one of each. I could not get the lady to tell me how much, and when I tried to give her my credit card number, she said she did not need it. About four or five days later both pieces arrived in the mail.......after all the trouble I have been having trying to get a hold of Lee, I never looked back.

mroliver77
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Funny as I have always been treated very well by Lee. I have had parts sent for no cost from them when I made it clear I was at fault.

I have never had an RCBS part fail.

I am satisfied with both companies.
Jay

Isaac
05-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I've had excellent service from RCBS in the past as well. The folks I've had the pleasure of speaking to have been patient and gracious.

I've never paid for a part, even when I offered.

Issac

Dframe
05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Not long ago I called to get a replacement decapping pin. The guy asked how long I'd been using that die and I told him 30 years. He chuckled and said I was about due. They sent me a pack of ten at no charge. Their customer service is great.

Jim Flinchbaugh
05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
and the gentleman from Montana. I sure wish I could remember his name.

That was me! And you welcome -even though I didn't help out this time :D
I truly believe what goes around comes around

Longwood
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
That was me! And you welcome -even though I didn't help out this time :D
I truly believe what goes around comes around
Believe me when I say, even though it turned out that I did not need it after all, the offer was very much appreciated.
Thanks again.