PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it working!!!

Link23
04-29-2011, 10:51 AM
well i got a .50 Desert Eagle, and at 29 bucks a box for 20 i decided i need to reload for it fast..that was 2 1/2 years ago, my Hornaday had me started out with 24 grain of 2400 and a max of 27 or something like that (the book is not near me) and it wasn't completing the cycle of the weapon. Went to a friends house and found in his SPEER book that your starting weight should be 28grain! and a max of 29!! so i threw in 28.5 and it was AMAZING i shot a mag full at some propane tanks at about 40 yards and i was smacking them everytime and it was cycling perfect.

that was with 325grn J-Word hollow points, its tells us not to load lead in this gun because it might clog up with lead fouling, does anyone have one, that loads lead to teach me the ways?
Thanks
Link23

mpmarty
04-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Can you access the gas port? If you can don't worry about the lead plugging it up, just clean it out. I use a bent piece of coat hanger on my AKs and they are easy to keep clean.

frankenfab
04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
You can't get to the gas port on a Desert Eagle. I have hear of people mixing Hydrogen Peroxide and white vinegar to soak the barrel and clea the gas port via foaming action. Supposedly this process leaves a by-product that is technically hazardous.

Glad to hear you got your load tuned and "felt the power" as MRI says. Icollected them for a bit, and had 14 DE's at one time. I have settled in on my favorite one of each caliber to keep.

.357 and .44 Stainless frame Mk VII's

Mk VII .41 Magnum refinished in Black Chrome by Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing.

And Brushed Chrome MK XVIV .440 and .50 AE in brushed chrome.

I do not intend to try shooting Boolits in any of my Desert Eagles. I bought 2000 each of the 300 gr. HP and FP IMI factory .50 cal. projectiles years ago when you could still get them from Widener's. I haven't cracked in to them yet, because I already loaded a bunch of .50 AE ammo with one's I ordered before that, and Speer bullets as well. Those IMI projectiles have more than doubled in value. I say this because they are still unavailable as far as I know, and when I have seen them for sale they are double what I paid. Kahr buyimg MRI will probably sever all ties with IMI, but the good news is I heard they are using robotic welding on the gas system components now, and testing all gas systems for flow.

If MRI (Kahr) could alter the design so the gas port could be cleaned, it would be awesome. Better yet a cleanable ADJUSTABLE gas system like the Wildey pistol.