PDA

View Full Version : Case Knife customer service

Tom-ADC
04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I bought two Case Trappers a while back and they had what I'd guess somebodys last four numbers of their SSN.
I sent the knives to Case for repair early this month & they came back yesterday the top bolster in the picture had the etched numbers on them. They repaired these at zero cost to me. Thanks Case I'll be a customer for life.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL174/1021972/3058943/396473993.jpg

35remington
04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
They make pricey, beautiful, well finished knives of materials like brass, stainless steel and real bone colored attractively.

I am doing my part to keep them in business. China does not need all our money for their knives.

I am especially fond of their bone handled stockman knives, especially in natural finish, ivory white and blue bone.

They did a nice job of repair on your knives, and that's why I buy their products.

onondaga
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
If you get anywhere near Bradford, PA, visit the Case Factory showroom. I like to camp and play in Alleghany State in Salamanca ,NY and that is so close to Bradford that I have been there many times. The Case place also has a fascinating museum area also. The sales area will have many models you have never seen, models that have been discontinued and the newest models not cataloged yet. Case makes knives in several blade alloys and the showroom will have the full selection for every model.

I look forward to visiting case again and hope you get a chance to.

http://www.zippo.com/ZippoCaseMuseum/index.aspx?bhcp=1

Gary

Tom-ADC
04-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Here are two of my favorite Case knives, belonged to my dad before he died.
I don't know when I'll be able to get back toward the east coast again, hard to get the wife to go back anymore. But if I got close I'd make sure t visit.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL174/1021972/3058943/395869029.jpg

firefly1957
04-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I have my grandfathers Case fishing knife with yellow handles blade fish hook remover/scaler and hook sharpener on the side. My grandfather sharped that thing until the blade is very narrow.

Duckiller
04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Tom, Did Buck knives leave the San Diego area? I had heard they were going to someplace in Idaho then I see a buck knife in Wal-Mart that says "made in China". I am not sure what is going on.

jcwit
04-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Regarding Buck, yes they moved to Idaho, some production is here in the U.S. and some production is in china.

Geraldo
04-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Tom, Did Buck knives leave the San Diego area? I had heard they were going to someplace in Idaho then I see a buck knife in Wal-Mart that says "made in China". I am not sure what is going on.

It's their cheaper knives. The 110 and 112 are still made here.

Tom-ADC
04-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't believe El Cajon let them leave, not a smart move on their part IMHO.
Don't think Buck is real happy with the quality of the chinese made knives I think I read those were going to came back to the states again.

Duckiller
04-28-2011, 11:35 PM
I am not impressed with their cheap knives. I don't mind using made in China Winchester knives as garden tools that get lost or thrown away but these Bucks just seem too cheap. May have to go to the local yuppie knife shop in the mall and get a good Buck. Much prefer the fixed blade over the folder.

firefly1957
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
My understanding is that Buck was forced to move because of a federal law that prevented them from using certain solvents in the U.S. that are needed with stainless steel. Gerber moved some production also I believe I read that in a newspaper so accuracy is in question?

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-29-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't own any Case knifes, but . . . since the topic of Buck came up . . . I recently picked up a Made in USA Buck - #192 Vangard with the wooden handle . . . I use it for my patch knife with my muzzle loader, also got a Special, and 110 folder:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/BuckKnives.jpg

troy_mclure
04-29-2011, 03:58 PM
i prefer gerber and spyderco for usa made knives.

i really dont like non locking folding knives.

Tom-ADC
04-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Yep have both Gerber & Spyderco my favorite is the Native, also have Benchmade.

MtGun44
04-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Doing business in Cali can be a fight with lunatic extremists in the various regulatory
agencies. The list of businesses that have moved out of California to a more business
friendly environment in another state is very long. Sierra Bullets moved to Sedalia, a good
while back, driven out by lead regs, is what I heard.

Bill

firefly1957
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
MtGun44 I suppose I should of stated it was a federal law that moved much stainless steel production out of our country not a California. It is the same laws that prohibit making L.E.D. tv's here solvent emissions are to high.