PDA

View Full Version : Flyer's

mag_01
12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Two new flyer's came in the mail one from SOG International Inc. and Century Arms-----Oh Santa be good to me---Of course at our age we have to be our own Santa---- It is always fun to look thru the flyer's and pick out what you would like and then decide do I really want or need them. My Loving wife asks how many guns do you need----I wonder is there really an answer to this question and I suppose as many of you do I would like to double up on some.-------Mag

TCLouis
12-16-2006, 12:13 PM
"Tis better to give than receive" to be so very true.

T\So this year I took a poor disadvantaged shooter under my wing and am giving him either a GP 100 or 686 I just can't decide which I want . . . oops i mean NEED! ! !

To give and receive is even MORE BETTER! <LOL>.

Finding 100 bucks in Bass Pro gift cards made the decision even easier.

Ricochet
12-16-2006, 02:24 PM
My wife was encouraging me to pick out a nice milsurp for Christmas. Couldn't find anything in my price range that grabbed me at any of the big suppliers, so I had to go hunting. Got this off of GunBroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61967747

Of course, I remember when these were something like $7.99 in the back of The American Rifleman. Nobody had any respect for them, especially me. I hunted with an old guy who had one just like this, loaded with Remington 170 grain Core-Lokt ammo. Felt sorry for the old guy, who just didn't get it. (Regarding guns, that is.) Now I think he was a very practical man!

This ought to be a dandy for cast boolits. Bet it'll take the 8mm Maximum seated out like it ought to be.

Wish I'd bought a bunch when they were $7.99!

Another thing I want to pick up before they get hard to find is one of the Turkish 1893 Mausers in the original straight stock. If it's got the old magazine cutoff box still attached, so much the better.

I'm about to run out and shoot some boolits through my K-31!

mag_01
12-16-2006, 11:36 PM
:coffee: --Ricochet---- You will enjoy the K-31----Shot it today and will shoot it again tomorrow

Ricochet
12-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Oh yeah, I love my K-31! I've been shooting it more than anything since I got it a month or so ago. (Called it my birthday present.) I found a load today that it wouldn't shoot worth a toot, but it sure shoots great with the right stuff in it!