PDA

View Full Version : New stray dog named by a Redneck.

10x
04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
My brother in law works as a H.D. mechanic in a small town (3,300 people). They used to have a stray dog that hung around the shop that they would feed and and during the winter the dog would live in the heated shop - coming and going as they would open the shop doors but generally being the "shop dog". The mechanics kept it fed bought it toys and enjoyed it's company.
Old age got it in January of this year but a couple of weeks ago a new stray showed up in the equipment yard - a much younger dog, a little more social, and a lot more playful.
Once again these guys adopted the dog. There was some debate about a name. One guy said, its name is obvious, it's name is Minue. My brother in law asked "what kind of name is that? The mechanic said with out batting a eye, "It is short for my new dawg!" - the name stuck.

geargnasher
04-26-2011, 11:42 PM
You might be a Redneck IF...... does he make "hybrid" bikes? You know, when you weld half of a Harley to half of an old Indian..:kidding:

We have shop cats, some are chummy, some aren't. Strays wander up from time to time, they get trapped, fixed, shots, looked over, fed and released. Most stay, some don't. But we enjoy their company and they keep the rodents out of the vehicle wiring.

Gear

10x
04-27-2011, 12:15 AM
You might be a Redneck IF...... does he make "hybrid" bikes? You know, when you weld half of a Harley to half of an old Indian..:kidding:

We have shop cats, some are chummy, some aren't. Strays wander up from time to time, they get trapped, fixed, shots, looked over, fed and released. Most stay, some don't. But we enjoy their company and they keep the rodents out of the vehicle wiring.

Gear

In the Great White North a H.D. mechanic is a heavy duty mechanic - works on crawlers, loaders, and other equipment that runs ten tons or more. Most of the machines that he works on involve parts that weigh as much as your average small car.

The worlds first H.D. (Harley Davidison) Mechanic school is in Fairview about 30 miles down the road.
Those guys learn how to fix Harleys - apparently Asian motorcycles are more reliable and do not need mechanics. Putting on flame suit....and remembering fixing Harleys on the side of the road, and walking back looking for the essential part that fell off...:kidding: :kidding: :kidding:

stubshaft
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
In the Great White North a H.D. mechanic is a heavy duty mechanic - works on crawlers, loaders, and other equipment that runs ten tons or more. Most of the machines that he works on involve parts that weigh as much as your average small car.

The worlds first H.D. (Harley Davidison) Mechanic school is in Fairview about 30 miles down the road.
Those guys learn how to fix Harleys - apparently Asian motorcycles are more reliable and do not need mechanics. Putting on flame suit....and remembering fixing Harleys on the side of the road, and walking back looking for the essential part that fell off...:kidding: :kidding: :kidding:

Wouldn't be hard to follow the trail of sixty weight oil...[smilie=w:

Bad Water Bill
04-27-2011, 02:40 AM
It is easy to follow where an Asian bike has been. Just follow the trail of BURNED RICE.:bigsmyl2:

Isaac
04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
When in school, one of my children had a school friend who's family named their dog "Dee Oh Gee", in other words D-O-G.

:sad:

Issac

fixit
04-27-2011, 08:50 AM
When in school, one of my children had a school friend who's family named their dog "Dee Oh Gee", in other words D-O-G.

:sad:

Issac

we have a dachsund named d-o-g. he came with the name.......l bob

Frank46
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Well I have a North American Pit Bull Terrier that literally walked in my front door with my brother in law. Weighs about 85 lbs and we call him Bob. Frank

firefly1957
04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Sometimes it is nice to wait a little to name a dog so you can pick one that fits.

3006guns
04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Years ago I named my new puppy "Stay".

Most neurotic animal I've ever owned...............

RP
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I got a dog one time and just could not think of a name that fit. So I just called her dog we got a cat I just called it cat. The cat and dog names stayed the same for all their life. Did not need to call them by name they many went my body commands and were great animals which were a special part of my life. Names for animals dont really matter its how you treat them. The guys taking care of that stray makes me feel good knowing that compassion is still alive in the world.

waksupi
04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Years ago I named my new puppy "Stay".

Most neurotic animal I've ever owned...............

Now that's funny!