PDA

View Full Version : Are these the zinc washers?

Vince from MO
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I have these washers with my swaging equipment. The 38's measure .358 and the 44's measure .429. How much are these worth? Need to know so I can sell them.

Thanks,
Vince

runfiverun
04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
they don't look quite right to me...
the zinc washers i have seen for the lyman molds that took them, were more galvanized [flat] looking and had smaller holes.

stubshaft
04-22-2011, 11:18 PM
They look similar to the ones I used to use to swage into boolits with pure lead slugs. The edges don't look quite as sharp as I remember them but that was over 30 years ago. Hit them with a magnet and if they don't stick it would be safe to assume they are zinc. Don't have any idea what they would be worth today. Heck I can't even remember what I used to pay for them.

mdi
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Have no idea what you can get for them, scrap price mebbe. I have some of the .44 cal. (somewhere back in the shed). I also had a mold to cast bullets with a "tit" on the base where the washer would fit. Slide the washer over the tit, and "rivet" it in place.

Firebricker
04-23-2011, 04:38 PM
I think runfiverun has got it they look like they would work on a lyman " Harvey prot-x-bore " mould. I have one but have never had the washers but those look like what was described to me here when I asked what it was. FB

Vince from MO
04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I went back and checked these out. A magnet will not stick to them. They look well made. I have never seen the washers for the Lyman mold. Did they make them with some other metal than zinc?

Thanks for your help,
Vince

michiganvet
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I bought 3 swaging die sets from a guy from the Detroit area who was making them. I got both flat base punches and base punches with a dimple in the middle that attached those washers. Those bags and the writing on them are the same as what I bought probably 15 years ago. I can't remember what I paid but it wasn't much. They are nose bleed dies with punches for WC, RN, and SWC. They also work with jackets.