PDA

View Full Version : Xmas gag gift , I may have gone to far !!

Johnch
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Well a few weeks ago I ask my GF what she wanted for Cristmass

She knew I was hinting to find out if she wanted a "ring"

She gave me a smart @$$ed answer

So tonight on the way home I had a brain storm
I bought a $.59 plastic ring with a foil covered candy "stone"

I then stoped at the jewlery store and ask to buy a ring box
They had 1 with a slight defect that I got for free
I then paid them $2 to wrap it in their specail paper .:mrgreen:

So I put her name on the tag .
Sat I will sneak it under her Cristmass tree

I am hoping she can take a joke .
But I did pitch in with her sister and mom to buy a new camcorder to replace the 1 she droped into the marsh , when she was duck hunting with me

So if you here I am spending a few days in the hospital just after the 25 .
You will know she can't

Johnch

garandsrus
12-13-2006, 11:14 PM
JohnCh,

You are going to get in trouble.... I would reconsider unless you have a "real" ring somewhere close by when she opens the box.

John

redneckdan
12-13-2006, 11:14 PM
it would probably be a good idea to have a real ring waiting in the wings.[smilie=1:

357maximum
12-13-2006, 11:20 PM
I giggled when I read the story,,,my wife asked me what was funny,,,,I showed her,,,her response...I hope she has one ell of a sense of humor...you may be digging with a BIG shovel...

JBMauser
12-13-2006, 11:32 PM
There are some things that are not funny in any ones language, tripping old ladies, taking candy from a child and jerking your girl friend around with a toy ring. I think you will spend 2007 starting over by yourself. Best thing for her. JB

Shepherd2
12-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Johnch - I wouldn't call what you had a brain storm. I think you had a real bad idea. You've got a couple days to reconsider. Either forget the whole thing or have a real ring ready to hand her. I doubt that any woman would take that as a joke.

waksupi
12-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Yep, you pull that one, and you will definitely be shopping for a new girlfreind after Christmas, if you don't have immediate followup with a real one. Actually, I would suggest the real one first, and the gag later. If you are considering the act, women consider it a very important and significant thing. Don't screw it up,

Signed, Dear Abby

Old Ironsights
12-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I suppose it depends on exactly how smart-arsed her answer was, and exactly what she said.

Those two variables have to clearly add up to "gag gift OK". If not, don't.

Or pack a real ring in the middle of a 9 cuft box of popcorn... :twisted:

Johnch
12-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I suppose it depends on exactly how smart-arsed her answer was, and exactly what she said.

Those two variables have to clearly add up to "gag gift OK". If not, don't.

Or pack a real ring in the middle of a 9 cuft box of popcorn... :twisted:

Well lets just say it was an exstreamly smart- arsed .
And because this is a family site , I will not repeat it .

I have a real ring and have offfered it to her 3 times in 5 years
She dosn't want to "rush anything"
IMO she like her fredom to much

Maybe this will , push her into saying YES

Johnch

boogerred
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
did something simillarly stupid on valentines day. still single too. women have an entirely different sense of humor about those things. leave the jr.high stuff for your male friends and do it right with her.

357maximum
12-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I have a real ring and have offfered it to her 3 times in 5 years
She dosn't want to "rush anything"
IMO she like her fredom to much

Maybe this will , push her into saying YES

Johnch

This is just My opinion..take it for that...basically a strangers outside the circle opinion......

You may already be screwed....I have never been the pusher, but have been "pushed"...always resulted in the same outcome....me nesting elsewhere...

twotoescharlie
12-14-2006, 09:28 AM
last christmas my wife wanted a new washer and dryer, I got her a douchebag and a towel, been in the doghouse ever since, move over,rover

TTC

Pepe Ray
12-14-2006, 03:41 PM
[smilie=l: [smilie=w: :bigsmyl2:
THAT'S TOO TOOOO MUCH!!!
Pepe Ray

last christmas my wife wanted a new washer and dryer, I got her a douchebag and a towel, been in the doghouse ever since, move over,rover

Gotta remember that one!!

cabezaverde
12-14-2006, 04:57 PM
You are going to die.

Dan in Wa
12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
You are a dead man unless that ring gets real by the25th.

Boz330
12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
What they all said! Besides if she hunts with you and you get along, why mess up a relationship like that with marriage. Just get her a new shotgun.

redneckdan
12-14-2006, 10:05 PM
seriosuly, I would put the real one in the box, worst thing she can do is say no....again... But as it stand now, I'd say you have a 75/25 chance she'll get out the pnuematic framing gun and nail your balls to the wall.:Fire:

Old Ironsights
12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
What they all said! Besides if she hunts with you and you get along, why mess up a relationship like that with marriage. Just get her a new shotgun.

The Preacher may not like it, but that's really the best advice. :drinks:

Keep her around long enough and eventually the 'ol "Biological Clock" will make her grab that ring with a quickness.[smilie=1:

Boz330
12-15-2006, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=Old Ironsights;127771]The Preacher may not like it, but that's really the best advice. :drinks:

It is platonic isn't it?

Halfbreed
12-18-2006, 02:01 AM
This is funny to me, several years ago I was in a tech school after I had a serious back injury. We did not have the money to exchange anniversary gifts.
I boycott Mcdonalds for their anti gun stance, but saw the commercials with their tiny hotsauce bottles.
So I went in to get 2 bottles, made ear rings out of them, got a ring box from my mom, and on our 15th wedding anniversary I gave her this box, she was so upset cause she did not get me anything she cried, when she opened it, the look on her face was so precious, she leaves that little box and unopened bottles of hot sauce on the nightstand beside the bed. That was about 6 years ago
Just goes to show you never know!

John

Mk42gunner
12-18-2006, 04:12 AM
It doesn't matter how many times she has turned down your offer in the past, if you try this you will be make the national news, (NOT in a good way).

Just my opinion

Robert

robertbank
12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
If she doesn't want you find one that does, there are lots of choices and they come in all different sizes. I found the right one 36 years ago and never regretted it.....

Take Care

Bob