View Full Version : Brass wizard

lunicy
04-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Has anyone used a brass wizard.
Does anyone know where to get one for less than $45
That is a little pricey.

MtGun44
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Never heard of it. What are you talking about here?

Bill

toddrod
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I bought one and use it regularly. After 6 knee surgeries, to me, it is well worth the price.

FYI, all it is is a pecan nut picker that you should be able to find at an AG store.

wills
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
http://s4.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Rolling-Pecan-and-Nut-Picker_04615735.jpg

It does not make noise, have to be fed or need to use the bathroom two minutes after you leave the gas station.

KCSO
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
I use a 8 and a 12 year old! That's what grandkids are for!

Gee_Wizz01
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I use a 8 and a 12 year old! That's what grandkids are for!

Those little guys have sharp eyes too! They don't miss anything and they can sort by caliber.

G

arjacobson
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I have one. Love it. Works great except in tall grass..

Johnch
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I saw them advertised

I have one designed to pick up nuts
I am going to try it on my next trip to the range
But I fear the wires are to far apart

If not
I am buying one for brass

John

04-21-2011, 04:21 AM
My 13 yr old nephew and I went range scrounging last weekend. It yielded several boxes of 9s, 223s, 45s, and even some 380s. Going to raid the law enforcement range asap but don't tell anyone-lol.

casterofboolits
04-21-2011, 08:51 AM
An older friend just purhased one from Dillon. Works great on the carpet and the concrete floor of the indoor range. Don't know how it will work on the grass of the outdoor range yet.

clintsfolly
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Buddy has one and works good on 45 but drop 9mm if you get to many in at a time. clint

bobthenailer
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I have one ! i like it alot , and would recomend it to anyone , that has alot of brass to pick up or is older or has knee problems . as myself.
ive picked up acorn nuts in my yard with no problems , havent tried brass in the grass yet !
The only thing i dont like about it is the fixed length handel its heavy and makes it hard to transport . I installed a telescoping aluminum handel on mine for easier use , lighter weight, and storage in my suv as i leave most of my range gear in the vechiel all the time.
A , A+ product . i got mine from dillon ! i looked for a few mounths before buying , i did not see anyone else selling them !

lbaize3
04-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I have had one for several years now. Bought it online at http://www.nutwizard.com/?gclid=CNLEqfvkragCFQpm7Aodd2biIw

Have had no problems at the range picking up brass. The grass on our range rarely gets more than 5 or 6 inches high. The Wizard is limited in the amount you can pickup at one time. Be sure not to forget the wire that fits on a bucket and allows you to empty the Wizard directly into the bucket. Do not twist the Wizard too hard on the wire to empty the brass as you will bend the Wizard. Also do not push down too hard on the Wizard when picking up brass as you can bend the wires that way too.

Have enjoyed mine and my wife always takes it to the range with us to pick up the brass others have left behind.

patsher
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I got mine from Uniquetek.com. http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1310

Works great. Use a light pressure, and don't overload it. Uniquetek offers two choices of handles: standard is a wood handle, for an extra 5 or 6 bucks you can get it with a telescoping aluminum handle. I opted for the telescoping handle -- fits in the car better. It also comes with the wire thingy you put on the side of a bucket or cardboard box which separates the wires gently and lets the brass drop into the container. Works like a charm, and sure saves my back!:drinks:

Oh, yeah -- Uniquetek has other cool stuff for shooters, Dillon presses, etc.

troy_mclure
04-21-2011, 02:24 PM
you have to empty them frequently, and rough uneven ground and tall grass they dont pick up so well.

but i love mine, well worth the $45 i paid.

oh, and most pecan/walnut pickers wont pick up brass, if you can find an almond or hazelnut picker it may work.