PDA

View Full Version : More proof we need more guns.

Harter66
04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Did you see this ,it gives 2nd hand smoke new meaning?
It is NYC,but a weapons charge for a pen ? Now my paper mate is going to have have that paint can warning about bodily injury from willful misuse.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42680831/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/deck/msn

Hickory
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
These same people (Woman who got stabbed in the face) exist on the highways.
They try to be (With out any authority) traffic cops, and end up shot for their effort.

Tazman1602
04-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Must have been a semi-automatic assualt pen....................................

WildmanJack
04-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Criminal possession of a weapon!!!! I want to hear the prosecutors case on this one!!!...... The defendant then pulled this black assault pen from under his coat, he then un-capped it and assaulted this woman. This assault weapon was, in fact, loaded a maximum load of dark blue ink and a steel ball approx 1/100 of an inch in diameter. We need to outlaw these vile and uncontrollable weapons of destruction!"

Jack

firefly1957
04-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Well anything used as a weapon is a weapon think she will think twice before opening her mouth again? What the guy did was wrong but she did something stupid also.

troyboy
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
What she did was stupid but she did not deserve a slashing. He should of cussed her and gone about his way

KCSO
04-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Anything can be a weapon. In jail the prisoners melt down styrofoam cups to mould weapons, the favorite for a get even stabbibg is a PENCIL, you can break it off inside. This is what most weapons banners don't realize. Hey most of the martial arts WEAPONS were farm tools. So we come to the proof of the pudding, take away guns and knives and people will become peacfull, BS tey'll stab each other with pens.

9.3X62AL
04-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Self-Appointed Behavior Regulator Meets Homeless Nutter. The pen is at least equal to--if not mightier than--the sword.

klcarroll
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I worked in New York City for two years ...And this incident is moronic from BOTH points of view!!

First of all, what kind of idiot picks a fight with a total stranger, on a subway train, in New York City, over something as trivial as a cigarette???? ......Just walk to the other end of the car, wake up the Transit Police representative that is asleep there, and let him do his job!

Secondly, what kind of moron assaults someone in an argument over a stupid cigarette? This guy is clearly one of the “Unstable Homeless” we hear about, and needs to be taken off the streets.

……But charging him with “Criminal Possession of a Weapon”?????

JEEZ!!!! [smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

……That’s the same sort B.S. they serve for breakfast in Britain! …..We don’t need THAT sort of legalistic joke on this side of “The Pond”!!

Kent

thegreatdane
04-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I like that term "assault pen." what a joke

Firebricker
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
But was the pen "TACTICAL" ?

uncle joe
04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
uh oh my hands are considered dangerous weapons, does that mean if I have my hands in my pockets that I am carrying a concealed weapon. Should I have them surgically removed to keep the work of the law. How far down this stinking rabbit hole do we go?? I was told by a good friend that you could nearly cut off a mans head with a credit card, could all this be the solution to the credit problems we have....
just sayin

klcarroll
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Bottom Line: .......The World is full of "potential weapons".

This story simply underscores the need to stop blaming the "weapon" and to START prosecuting the perpetrator of the crime!

The tool cannot be held accountable for the act: .....That distinction is reserved for the "operator"!

Kent

Armorer
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
These same people (Woman who got stabbed in the face) exist on the highways.
They try to be (With out any authority) traffic cops, and end up shot for their effort.

Yep. Left lane activists! We have them here too, but they usually just end up having to go to the body shop.
I was wondering however just exactly where the hobo got the smokes since I do believe I heard they are nearly taxed to extinction in the peoples republik of New York. And an ink pen is a "weapon"? Methinks ye olde gene pool needs a bit of chlorination.

my ¢2
Armorer

starmac
04-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Just because one is homeless does not mean he can't afford smokes (or anything else) for that matter. It has been documented that many standing on a street corner, makes more money than the average wage earner. We had an assault here last year over a productive location.

I seem to remember a bag lady several years ago that turned out to be one of the richest woman in the U.S., which even her son never had a clue until her death.

Bad Water Bill
04-21-2011, 05:47 AM
I can see it now. Office Max MUST call BATFE with the serial # of ALL ball point pens sold at the time of sale. :bigsmyl2:

Bret4207
04-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Criminal Possession of a Weapon in NY State basically says what ever is used as a weapon is a weapon. The screw driver in your tool box is a weapon, the baseball bat, the table leg, the 18" length of heavy chain, the bottle, whatever you can use as a weapon is more or less covered. Now, the conviction rate... that's another thing. Most of this stuff gets pled down.

"(2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto,
imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon
with intent to use the same unlawfully against another; or

firefly1957
04-21-2011, 09:37 AM
What he should of done is said lady "here is your sign" and handed her a card that says "STUPID". I remember another case like this in the news were the guy put the cigarette out on the womens face I believe he was also charged with assault with a weapon. As Bret says N.Y. law and also many other states does allow the pen to be called a weapon if used as such. I wonder if he has claimed self defense yet? she was in his face and I am sure he was afraid for his life she may have even been rabid the way she was acting! Blame the victim that is what liberals do.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-21-2011, 05:54 PM
We don't have much of a system for the mentally handicapped anymore. There are a lot of people on the streets that should be in some facility. There was a man that roamed the streets in town a few years ago. Nobody knew who he was. Big stocky guy with dirty clothes and a long beard. I had heard that he was rich and just wanted to act that way. Turns out he was homeless and our church put him up in a one room apartment. About a month later he was found really sick and taken to the hospital. He never took his shoes off and his feet had to be amputated because they were so infected. I still feel bad about that one but I really didn't want to invite him to my home.............. I don't know.

6.5 mike
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Reckon we'll need a NCIC to buy a bic.

lead-1
04-22-2011, 03:02 AM
If they are to get all the guns from the law abiding citizens the they can enact full censorship. If that happens there will be no need for the common man to have deadly writing utencils.
Myself I have always been terrified of these "Pepperbox Pens".

http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/603298_sk_lg.jpg

AmishWarlord
04-22-2011, 03:30 AM
Well I guess screw drivers are weapons too. So if they find someone with a tool box I guess it's an arsenal.

Basically "They" don't want "Us" to have anything.

http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story/Utica-man-arrested-for-threatening-neighbor-with/1K72pQj_oE2NWWdlVzvu6w.cspx

Utica (WSYR-TV) – Utica Police arrested a man on Wednesday who they say threatened his neighbor with a screwdriver during a dispute over the noise of a lawnmower.

Willie Bennett, 73, of Miller Street in Utica, was charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree and menacing in the second degree, both misdemeanors.

According to the police, Bennett quarreled with a neighbor over the lawnmower noise and then said he would stab the victim with the screwdriver, mimicking a jabbing motion with the tool.

Utica Police say they have had multiple incidents involving the elderly Bennett.

Bret4207
04-22-2011, 06:41 AM
It's not the tool or item, it's how it's used. That's why the law is written the way it is. I agree that "they" love controlling "us", but the law is usually written the way it is for a reason. Say someone attacks you and uses a bat on you. It's just a bat... or is it a club? A bat is used for ball games, a club used for beating the enemy. Same with a screw driver/ice pick/stiletto. A sock with a bunch of change in it is a "slung shot", a tire thumper or fishing priest is a billy club, a can of hair spray and a lighter.... It's all in how it's used.

Bret4207
04-22-2011, 06:44 AM
We don't have much of a system for the mentally handicapped anymore. There are a lot of people on the streets that should be in some facility. There was a man that roamed the streets in town a few years ago. Nobody knew who he was. Big stocky guy with dirty clothes and a long beard. I had heard that he was rich and just wanted to act that way. Turns out he was homeless and our church put him up in a one room apartment. About a month later he was found really sick and taken to the hospital. He never took his shoes off and his feet had to be amputated because they were so infected. I still feel bad about that one but I really didn't want to invite him to my home.............. I don't know.

In my state you can track the rise in the homeless population to Mario Cuomo signing the bill the mandated improving mental patients "quality of life" by removing them from institutions and putting them on the street.

mroliver77
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM
We have "group homes" where the folks that are "touched" but draw a gov check live. They are usually bought and set up on the sly. A lot of the people that live in them are well known the the local police. If they become too much of a problem they are traded for somebody in a neighboring town that has drove their Police crazy. It then takes a year or too for them to become known, get on the Police's nerves and cause enough problems that they are traded to another town.
Jay

Jailer
04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
In my state you can track the rise in the homeless population to Mario Cuomo signing the bill the mandated improving mental patients "quality of life" by removing them from institutions and putting them on the street.

They did the same thing in MI years ago when they closed all the mental health facilities. Not long after most of them ended up in prison. All they did is move them from one facility to another.

We have "group homes" where the folks that are "touched" but draw a gov check live. They are usually bought and set up on the sly. A lot of the people that live in them are well known the the local police. If they become too much of a problem they are traded for somebody in a neighboring town that has drove their Police crazy. It then takes a year or too for them to become known, get on the Police's nerves and cause enough problems that they are traded to another town.
Jay

We now have special units scattered about our prison system where this very same thing takes place. These guys are segregated and kept away from the general population so they are not victimized. When the staff and administration has had enough of one particular character, they trade them for another. Wash rinse repeat.

CLAYPOOL
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Tack. pens are hitting the dealers soon. They are for places like that, that you (Poor People) can't have a gun.