PDA

View Full Version : Case trimming 32 Magtech brass

d43p
04-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Have been trying to form 11mm Beaumont brass from Magtech 32 ga brass. Have succeeded in fireforming and making the case, now the problem is decapping and trimming. My trimmer is an old Wilson and won't except the larger rim. Would like an easy fix for a decapper if one is out there too.

Thanks........Don

HARRYMPOPE
04-17-2011, 01:13 AM
I am bit crude,but i use a vernier caliper(set to length) to scribe a circumference on odd cases like this and just file them down held in my hand.i de-cap with a ground down punch.You can also prime by putting the case over a primer on a hard surface and tap it home with a bolt put in to the case.

Not pretty but works.I load gallery loads with only one case like this for the heck of it.

HMP

DJ1
04-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Have you tried a Lee Zip Trim and universal decap die?

DJ1

d43p
04-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I have a Lyman universal decapper, but will not except the larger base diameter. I could make up a pin decapper and do it as was said, but was looking for an easier alternative. I'm thinking of taking a 7/8 X 14 bolt and drilling it out to except the case base, then drill and tap for a decapping pin from one of my other dies. Don't have a lathe, so will have to be done on a drill press, could be a headache..