PDA

View Full Version : Go figure , ironic !

Digger
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Couple years ago had to make a company trip to Elko , Nevada .. on the way back stopped of in a small town for a bite and while I was there .. wandered into the local hardware store and yesss ... they had a small gun section including reloading essentials .
After looking around found a small book shelve on the end of the aisle , had some on local history , some reloading and ........ THE Lyman's third edition cast boolit handbook !.
Walked out with the only one they had left and a pound of W-231 under my arm.
On the way out the store I noticed a small tire shop next door and figured .. what the heck !
Asked the man there if he had any and ..... as a matter of fact YES .... " I have a five gallon bucket full !.
Twelve pack of beer and I was going down the high way with the bucket of lead and the Lyman's book in the cab of the truck ! ..... talk about a happy camper !
Now where in the world do you pick up a copy of the casting book , then go next door and pick up some lead also .... by the way , it was all lead , no steel , or anything else ., figure the odds on that one !
Now , ..... here's the clincher ....... the company had me do another quick trip to Elko yesterday ..... Okay .. you know the scenario by now , ... this time ... it was the Lyman 4th edition and the shop next door had another "FULL bucket " ! .... just the occasional steel weight now and then .

Now where else in the country could you do that ? .... in one stop ? .....
(ok , sorry ,took out the O.J remark )

digger

RobS
04-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Times have changed.....................for the worse in special regards to cast boolits and this story is a fine example.

Swede44mag
04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I wish I had your luck on finding stuff. I keep all of my reloading manuals I have bought with the exception of one Hornady I gave to a friend.
When his place flooded the manual got wet and all of the pages glued together.

Digger
04-15-2011, 10:32 PM
been looking every where I go in book stores and shops but avoided online ordering the hand book and you just don't see it out there at all , at least in this area .... so when I run across it in a hard ware store in rural Nevada , I am quite surprised to say the least .
The store owner must have a decent fire arms back ground ....which is greatly appreciated .