PDA

View Full Version : Castpics needs your Help

wiljen
04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
For the first time since taking over Castpics, I am asking for help. With all the changes that have come of late, we have more than doubled our space usage and our bandwidth has grown by nearly triple as well. The great thing about that is it means it is getting used. We are now closing in rapidly on half a million hits a month. Bandwidth wise, we have already moved over 13gig worth of material since the beginning of April. We had looked at the prospect of moving Castpics to the CB server but as both continue to grow at the pace they have, it makes more sense to continue on a separate server so as not to jeopardize the performance of either.

I have plans to continue to add to Castpics, first a mold lookup by # that will allow users to quickly identify which mold is being discussed, and second a searchable Cast boolit load database. I think both of these will be a boon to our community, but have no delusions about the amount of extra resources they will consume with heavy use.

If you can contribute to help offset the costs, even a few dollars, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a paypal account at wiljen(AT)embarqmail.com
or my snail mail address is (remove the @ - keeps me from getting junk):

W@. Je@nnings
4525 Ro@nald Dr
Kings@port, T@N 37@664

Also, I am still searching for a Lachmiller catalog to add to the site, if you have one, I would love to scan it and promise to return it to you in as received condition within a week of arrival here.

I have recently added or am adding:

Whelen's Why not load your own
Ideal Manual #38
Howes Modern Gunsmithing Volumes 1 and 2
Vickery's Advanced Gunsmithing
1962 first edition Handloaders Digest
The Sporting Rifle and its Projectiles (Forsyth)

If you haven't visited lately, please do. I want this site to be as the name implies, "THE reference site for Cast booliteers".

Thanks again for any help you can muster, I know times are lean for all of us.

Wiljen

Buckshot
04-13-2011, 01:42 AM
..................Donation on the way.

...............Buckshot

CPL Lou
06-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Donation made :smile: