PDA

View Full Version : Graf & Sons- How is their service?

jmsj
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey Guys,
I used to buy a lot of stuff from Graf & Sons, then back in 1999 we got into argument regarding an incorrectly filled order(they admitted it was their fault) and who should pay shipping charges. That was the last time I have ordered from them.
I see that they have become sponsors here. Like most of us here I like to support those that support us. I was wondering what other people's experiences have been with them?

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I've ordered from them several time in the last 5 years.
Never had a problem...So I never had to call Customer service.

Lee
04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Ditto....

shdwlkr
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I have used them a couple of times when they had the better price when you look at the total cost to get it to you.
Never had an issue yet.

wallenba
04-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I usually check the sites of Grafs, Midsouth, Midway and a few others to see what the prices of a certain items are and their shipping charges. I recall getting free shipping at Grafs as well as incorrect parts. I do recall that the error was a selection error on my part not theirs. It was not a very expensive item and did not bother to return it, I don't recollect what it was though. I don't like to let one bad experience put me off, it takes several.
And sometimes they might be the only one with an item in stock. My best experiences are with Midsouth as they are closer and I get things faster and cheaper.

cobbmtmac
04-12-2011, 10:32 AM
My first order from them was just received, all went very well. :Fire:

1Shirt
04-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Never had a problem with GRAF.
1Shirt:coffee:

walltube
04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Always courteous, and prompt to reply, my telephone or e-mail inquiries. I've been doing business with Grafs some twenty plus years with never a problem.

3006guns
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
My only experiece with them was ordering some 7.7 Japanese rifle brass. No problems and they paid the shipping if I recall.

My primary gripe is that their site lists most of the brass I need as "out of stock" and has for months.

BorderBrewer
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Graf's is my go to supplier since about 2003. They give dealer pricing for 03 FFL holders and the shipping is always fast.

Regards,
BorderBrewer

redneckdan
04-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Have placed several orders with them and only had one bad experience. I ordered a 600ct box each of 75 and 80gr hornady .224 a-max bullets. When the box came I went to pick it up on the porch and it seemed rather light and rattled a lot. I looked down and noticed bullets falling out of the box.....and a trail of bullets all the way to where the UPS truck had parked. I opened the box and found that hornady doesn't plastic wrap these 600 packs and the bullets had worked their way out of the boxes then through a rip in the corner of the cardboard box incurred during shipping. I called grafs and they sent a new shipment on their dime as well as an RMA tag for the bad shipment. I also asked them to packing tape the ever loving piss out of the hornady boxes and they did do that for me. That shipment arrived just fine.

jmsj
04-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the input.
I think I'll give them another try.
It just kind of chapped my butt when they admitted it was their mistake and that they wanted me to pay shipping back to them and pay shipping the correct item back to me.
Thanks, jmsj

kyswede
04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
I have bought from them several times over the past 3 years with no problems. I only wish they emailed a tracking # so I know when to expect a package.
kyswede

NVcurmudgeon
04-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I have bought from them several times over the past 3 years with no problems. I only wish they emailed a tracking # so I know when to expect a package.
kyswede

kyswede, I specify FEDEX as my choice of carrier, and FEDEX always sends me an Email with a link to my shipment. As a dealer I pay for shipping but the dealer discount always more than pays for the shipping. I have been using Grafs since 2004, when the big guys refused to send ammunition to me in gun friendly Nevada. The big guys also refused to let me communicate with the top of their food chain. I always order by phone and AFAIK always talk to a nice lady named Graf. The only problem I ever had was a new RCBS mould box that contained a wrong mould because of an RCBS mistake. Graf's offered to send the mould back to RCBS for me, so I chose to send it to RCBS myself to save time. I probably order five or sic times a year from Grafs with perfect service from both Grafs and Fedex.

MOshooter
04-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Seems like great folks to deal with,an old class mate and locker partner of mine is the General Manager Jeff Knowles stand up guy!
We live about 30 miles away and have been buying from them since the 60's when it was retail only gun shop bought a lot of birdshot for Quail hunting back then

troyboy
04-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I have bought a lot from them and have always been satisfied. I check them first and if it is in stock they usually get my money. In fact they would more than likely be my only source if they always had what I wanted in stock.

*Paladin*
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I always check Graf's first. As said above, they give dealer pricing to C&R holders, so most of the time they have the best price. Everytime I've ordered, they have shipped fast and they haven't screwed up an order yet!

rockrat
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
My last 3 orders have been from Grafs, if that gives you any indication of their service.

rond
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Fast service, always check them first.

MT Gianni
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't order a lot but they have been my first choice since the late 80's.

kbstenberg
04-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I have bought stuff from them several times. Allways good results. There prices are the same as others with shipping.

Kraschenbirn
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Only time I've ever had any contact with Graf's customer service, it was my fault, not theirs...I clicked the wrong check box ordering online...but the young lady I talked to was quite understanding and helpful. Naturally, I had to pay the return shipping for the misorder but, as I was reordering for what I needed in the first place, they didn't hit me for a restocking charge.

Bill

watkibe
04-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I always check them first.
If they have what I want in stock (often they don't), I buy from them. Their prices are on the whole slightly higher, but $5 shipping means a lower total invoice total.
Service has been fine.
MidwayUSA gets more of my business though; having "just about everything", usually in stock,fast shippingand good customer service make it hard to beat. But sometimes Graf still beat it !!

jbrower
04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Like many people here, I have an 03 FFL and I had faxed it to them so that I could get "dealer" pricing. A few months went by without ordering anything from them, and I visited their site and ordered 5 lbs of Black Powder. When I logged in I used my "normal" login credentials and forgot to go in through their "dealer" site. I placed my order and thought that was that. Less than 24 hours later I got a phone call from a nice girl who told me that they had a "dealer" account set up for me and that I had forgotten to order through it. The price difference would have been a savings of almost $20. Since they had already hit my CC I elected to get an extra can of BP, no cost to me. I think that was a great bit of customer service on their part and I always visit their site when looking for stuff to buy. It usually comes down to them and Midway but since Grafs does not charge for shipping on orders over $100 so they usually get my business.

cajun shooter
04-15-2011, 10:22 AM
If you do a search of this forum you will find a posting that I wrote and it was replied to by Mike Graf. They are and have been an American family business which is the back bone of our country. I ordered about 12 pounds of BP a few years ago and called back within 10 minutes to increase the order. I was told they could not do it and I was upset but went along. I did however write a short note to CS to lessen my anger. After a span of 5 days I called and asked about my order and was told it was filled and shipped. This went on for three more calls and a span of about 15 days. Then my phone rang and the man intraduced himself as Mike Graf and I said that it was a honor to be contacted by the owner of the company. He laughed and advised that he was a president and not the owner as other family members also worked there. He said that he had been contacted by CS with my problem. It seems that for one thing that I had two accounts, one with the correct spelling and the other with the wrong spelling. He went on to say how sorry the company was that this had happened to me and that they would make it up. He added the extra powder that I had called to add and advised that it all would be shipped to me overnight for free. No Haz-Mat or shipping Charges. The next morning the Fed-Ex man was at my door and I said this is too fast, no way as Graf's is in NE Missouri. It was my original order,where it had been is anybody's guess. I called Mike to advise them to cancel the free order as I had just received my first order. They had already shipped and I ended up with plenty of powder and a good company to buy from. Sorry for the length but it had to be told in full.

C1PNR
04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Several years ago I too had a "broken package" shipment from them. I went through the package and totaled up what had been lost then emailed them. A few days later the missing items arrived, no charge. I use Graf whenever I can!

John Ross
04-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Been doing business with them for 25 years or so. They are 15 miles from me. Great people.

onesonek
04-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I would rate their service with the best of them,,,,but then again, I usually rate other's to Graf's service. They certainly have a very good pricing and shipping policy, and never had issue's with customer service.

swheeler
04-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Graf and Son's gets an A+ from me, never a problem.

donald duck
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I first tried to order a Wison 7 mm TCU case gauge from Sinclair on line, but their web kept goofing up so ordered it from Graf's. Did it on line snf received it day before yesterday. No problems, works great!! Graf's have always been great!!

WildmanJack
05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Tell u what, if u have a C&R license, match their prices with Midway, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Larry may b e a nice guy, but some of his dealer prices are within a couple of bucks of retail, Now Grafs is my ONLY go to for powder, primers, and whatever else I need. They are an A #1 company...
Jack

Safeshot
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Good service, good pricing, fast delivery, no problems. Safeshot

Jim Flinchbaugh
05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I placed an order last night at 9PM and it shipped this morning. Same service I got with the last 3 orders. Never a problem here, so far :D

smokemjoe
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Went down to pick up powder , had me overcharged $300.00+, had hard time to figure it out until we looked at it on the dock, Had me for 30 lbs. of one powder when only ordered 3 lbs. of that one, Had to redo order 3 times total, 1 hr. time waiting, Never have Ly. sizing dies I need.Never any 8x50 Lebel brass. Order what I can most of the time from Midway

Ole
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I've ordered a lot from them and never had a single problem!

Got-R-Did
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Buy with confidence.
Got-R-Did.

acsteve
05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I have ordered problem free for a number of year. I alternate with midway. both are in my state Graf has better shipping rates.