PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Molds new 360 grain .454 Casull design.

Southern Shooter
04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Hello Folks,

After making an inquiry of Tom at Accurate Molds concerning a 360 grain bullet that fits the .454 Casull cylinder, he designed one. Take a look at this mold.

What do you think of the demensions? Overall design?

http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-360C-D.png

Thanks

stubshaft
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Looks great to me. I'd shoot it out of my FA83!

RobS
04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
The design looks good. If you are looking at 1200 fps as a future hopeful in the Alaskan 2.5" barrel you'll be asking quite a bit from a PB design. I’m not saying it can’t be done it’s just much easier with a GC on the base of the boolit. It may be a good option to have a 3 cavity design that consists of 2 plain base and 1 gas check. As it sounds from reading your other posts you'll not be shooting a great deal of barn burners so the PB design for practice etc. will work well and then you can reserved the GC designed boolit for those less often loads of 1200 fps.

If you do plan on a PatMarlin PB gas Checkmaker in the future then that changes the entire ball game. With the PB check maker you of course will have the option to GC or not then. Here’s my thought to that though, having a different cavity cut is less expensive than a PatMarlin PB gas Checkmaker……….. true, and is the route I would go unless you’re an individual who wants Pat's checkmaker for other 45 cal PB boolit designs. It’s all relative to what you’re doing as to PB or GC design and I’m just trying to present useful info to help you out with your decisions.

odoh
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
My pref would be a tad lighter than 360gr in .452" ~ thats just me. Would like this'un in .476" tho. I'd also like RobS suggestion w/the 3-cav mixed PB/GC approach.