PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Alstep
04-10-2011, 11:12 PM
This computer can be the most frustrating contraption ever invented. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to post pictures without success. Can somebody PLEASE clue me in before I take it outside and put a load of buckshot into it? Make it simple, I'm a computer dinasaur.
Thanks,
Al

Firebricker
04-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Check in cast picks section at bottom of screen. Buckshot a member here tells how step by step. I figured it out so anybody can. Good luck,FB

dromia
04-11-2011, 02:50 AM
From the Classic and Stickies Forum.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=3051

alamogunr
04-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Does the "Image Hosting" described in this post do the same thing?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=108333

John
W.TN

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but . . . your limited at this time how many pictures you can store here.

Also explained here:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=106179

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Alstep,

I'm with ya.

Many/ most of the time, the info put out is not what it should be.

For those such as myself, it needs to be clearly, step by step, click here and then click there etc. etc. NEVER assuming that I know anything!!!!!!!!

For those such as myself, there are just too many holes left in the instuctions!

[smilie=b: :killingpc

I have tried a number to times to get'er done and none of the info got me there.

Let us know how the links worked for you!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Alstep
04-11-2011, 10:52 PM
OK ,I go to "manage attachments" then click "browse" and click on my picture. There's no "submit" button there, but an "upload" button. I click on that and it uploads, then I close that window. Picture never shows up. Now I click "submit", figuring the picture is somehow saved, but it never comes up. Where am I going wrong??? Tried this a couple of times in the trial section.

KYCaster
04-12-2011, 08:09 PM
OK ,I go to "manage attachments" then click "browse" and click on my picture. There's no "submit" button there, but an "upload" button. I click on that and it uploads, then I close that window. Picture never shows up. Now I click "submit", figuring the picture is somehow saved, but it never comes up. Where am I going wrong??? Tried this a couple of times in the trial section.

Alstep, after you "upload" minimize that window and click on the paper clip icon in the tool bar. A window will open with the file name of your pic. Click on the file name and it will be inserted into your post.

Simplest way to insert pics AFAIC.

Jerry

Edit to add...eventually you'll run out of space in your "manage attachments" and you'll have to delete some of the pics.

montana_charlie
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
You are using the Cast Boolits 'attachment' feature rather than using the service of a hosting site. That's okay, but the number of attachments you can have in use ... and the size of each attachment ... is pretty limited.

However ...
After reading your sequence of actions, it seems like you are doings things correctly. I have noticed that occasionally, the picture I attached to a post doesn't appear immediately. About the time I think I've screwed up, I go back and see the picture there, after all.

Have you checked the posts you made in the Test Forum (trial section)? Something may appeared after you quit looking for it.

Another thing you can do to see if those early trials did anything is this ...
Go up to the top of the page and click on User CP.
Scroll down to 'Attachments' (on the left) and click on it.
A new screen should open which shows the details of all of your current attachments.
If your trials succeeded in uploading any pictures to Cast Boolits, they should be listed.
If there are no attachments listed, you were right to believe that things didn't work for you.

CM