PDA

View Full Version : Tried and new push through sizer lube

zomby woof
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I usually use LLA on my boolits before I push though on my LEE sizers. This takes overnight to dry. I recently came across a "bootleg case lube" off another site. It calls for 8oz alcohol and 1oz Lanolin. I put it in a spray bottle and it works great. It works great on cases. I thought I'd try it for a sizing lube. A couple of sprays on a bunch of boolits and their ready to size,. Not as much of a sticky mess after it dries either.

Nobade
04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Yep, that does work well. Me, I use RCBS case lube. It's water soluble so it can be washed off the boolits after they're sized if you wish.

looseprojectile
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
me included, size dry. My boolits come out of the sizer looking like polished chrome on the bands.
I heat the sized and checked boolits and apply a thin coat of LLA and while they are still hot add a little paste wax and roll them around a little.
As soon as they are cool I load them. About fifteen minutes.
Not sticky, no leading. What's not to like? Accuracy? Good enough for me.
My .357s and .44s love them. Good for rifle boolits too.

If your boolits squeak when going through the sizer they are way too hard.
Lighten up, soften them a little.

Life is good

nwellons
04-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I pan lube so I use straight dish washing liquid for my Lee sizer, then I wash it back off with water. Later I pan lube because I mainly shoot blackpowder cartridges.

odoh
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I usually use LLA on my boolits before I push though on my LEE sizers. This takes overnight to dry. I recently came across a "bootleg case lube" off another site. It calls for 8oz alcohol and 1oz Lanolin. I put it in a spray bottle and it works great. It works great on cases. I thought I'd try it for a sizing lube. A couple of sprays on a bunch of boolits and their ready to size,. Not as much of a sticky mess after it dries either.

I take it that its isopropyl alcohol ? By volume?

Doby45
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Yheap, isopropyl..

RobS
04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
If I'm going to use a push through sizer then I'll lube up a few with a traditional lube and then run one in the sizer for every 20 or so dry. Works very well and I don't have to fight the mess. Come to think about it a dried liquid aloxed bullet would probably work just the same.