PDA

View Full Version : Lyman sizer dies...

weakhand luke
04-10-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a "new" Ideal/Lyman 45. The dies came in a little tubes that are labeled "H & I Sizer Dies"

What does the H & I stand for?

Thanks,

3006guns
04-10-2011, 09:28 AM
"High priced & Inaccurate"

I'm kidding. Actually, that's one of those questions I need answered too as I have bunch of them.

Larry Gibson
04-10-2011, 09:28 AM
If I recall correctly the parts to the 45 and 450 sizers were listed alphebetically. "H" was the sizer body and "I" was the push rod. "G" was the top punch.

Larry Gibson

spqrzilla
04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep, they were the labels in the parts diagram.

captaint
04-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I always wanted to know about that myself. Now that I know, it's a disappointment. It means, like, nothing. enjoy Mike

weakhand luke
04-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Just found a pdf of the old 45 user's manual, and Larry's correct (of course), those are the balloon callouts for the two items.

Thanks!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Weakhand luke,

Thanks for ask'in the question!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a PM from Bruce at BPR molds this morn'in concerning some dies I am going to need for a new mold he is mak'in me.

He spoke of the "H&I" dies and I had no idea what was being talked about.

Contacted Buckshot as Bruce recommended and showed :redneck: my great lack of knowledge in regards to the H&I situation!

Where were you at an hour ago ?? :kidding::kidding:

Buckshot is probably still shaking his head and laugh'in.

I'm a bunch smarter now then a few minutes ago, then there was this pooter-----

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

BABore
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't feel too ignorant. I didn't know exactly why they were called H&I dies, just knew what they were and how they were commonly referred to as such. I did asked a member here long ago and never got a good answer as to the exact why. Never felt the need to go any further as I use a Saeco and they call um sizing dies.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-11-2011, 04:17 PM
:p :lovebooli :-):wink:8-):-D:castmine::veryconfu:guntootsmiley::cast_boolits:

Thanks Bruce!!!!!!!

Look'in forward to the NEW mold!!!!!!

Decided why waste the time, powder and primers load'in any more tests with the 355gr. er, just wait for the new mold/dies and be done with it.

Then all I need is that cow moose tag to come my way!!

Keep em coming!

The Crusty Deary Ol'Coot