PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new toy today.......

oldracer
04-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I was going to post this in the gunsmithing section but then decided to stick it here as I want to use this to look at the chamber area and see what soft of lead, etc that might be remaining after I cleaned the barrel the other day with the Chore Boy idea. I bought the Harbor Freight Digital Inspection Camera as noted here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-resoltuion-digital-inspection-camera-with-recorder-67980.html

And after the 20% coupon which the young lady put on after the sale price I checked the price was GREAT at $200 or so. I also got another free LED flashlight (10 now) so as soon as I can get the batt fully charged I'll take a look and post a couple of digital picts. One thing the manual says is that you can stream video to a PC or laptop which would be really great. Since it is in a great hard case, it could travel to gun shows and look into a barrel or a gun before purchase which would be a huge benefit!

I'll post some pics tomorrow sometime.

oldracer
04-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Here are some pics and the barrels on both the older Rolling Block and the new Sharps are pretty much spotless. I saw no pitting or rust spots in the Badger barrel on the Rolling Block which was nice and is one of the reasons it is so accurate.

montana_charlie
04-10-2011, 05:50 PM
neat toy ...

ss40_70
04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
just added that to my wish list , maybe ill get lucky for christmas

John Boy
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Might want to look at the details for this bore scope ... free shipping
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-4-lcd-display-inspection-tube-snake-camera-borescope-ntsc-32414

oldracer
04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
That is a pretty low price. I didn't see where it took digital pics though but I may have missed it. Also I have found that with Harbor Freight you can bring things back and I took a multi-meter back (the free one) after I had it for nearly 5 months and they replaced it??!! I chuckled at a couple of the comments and saw where one guy said he never used it much once he got it.....