PDA

View Full Version : Free wheel weights! Yippeee!

Jerry Lester
12-08-2006, 06:56 PM
I went to one of my regular tire places today for new tires on my Ranger. Of course, while they were putting my new tires on, I casually asked about their old tire weights. At first, they wanted the usual $15 per 2.5 gallon bucket. I told the manager that with all the business I've done with them over the years, I figured I ought to at least be offered a complimentary bucket of weights with each tire purchase![smilie=1:

He smiled, and said from now on for me to just swing by anytime I needed a supply. He said they usually fill up a bucket every week or so. Now my boolits won't cost me a cent!:mrgreen:

RayinNH
12-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Jerry, having a steady supply of boolit metal gives you a warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it? :drinks:...Ray

Hunter
12-09-2006, 05:00 AM
I have been on a w-w hunt a few weeks now and I found that it really don't pay for the store to haul them off (one manager told me they got about $10 for a 55 gallon drum full at the scrap yard) so if you act right they will be glad to give them to you. I have made a few friends that will save them for me. I have been able to get at least a 5 gallon bucket full on each of my last several trips. I have a wash tub in my building right now slam full (about 5, 5gallon buckets worth) and a pile of ingots I have already casted.
This is a very addictive hobby. I find myself paying closer attention to the tire stores now more than ever.

rebliss
12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I had a great place to get them for free whenever I wanted. Then one day someone showed up and offered them money for the darn things. I used to drop off a case of sodas on occasion as appreciation. Now we all pay! *Sigh* Such is life.