PDA

View Full Version : Spring gathering-NC/SC

04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Folks from many forums have been getting together for over ten years near Rockingham, NC at Camp Millstone. It is a shooting sports camp with nice ranges and lots of other amenities. It is not just a shooting weekend but will offer many other events. Tactical entry, knife defense, alternative shooting positions/techniques, nuke/fallout class, Angora spinning, and several reloading presses going for hands on practice. Will be covering from case prep to firing your loaded rounds. Youth competition and we big kids also. Lots to do with great food. Flounder fillets Friday night, country ham breakfasts, and a Dutch Oven cooking contests Sat afternoon. PM if you can come so preps can be made. Cost is $20 per family and $5 cabin rental.

wiljen
04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
when ?

fryboy
04-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Spring gathering 15-17 April

as -06 stated , folks from several forums who are either close to or semi close to or mobile enough to make it , a link to another place he posted it
http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum2/16232.html

04-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Here is one from last year with lots of pics/details. The archives have lots more pics from years back. http://carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=67172&page=2 Just PM for details not covered.

wiljen
04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Nuts, already booked that weekend but would really have liked to go. maybe next year -keep us posted. If somebody wants to do a write up on it, I'll gladly add it to castpics.

04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
There are several who normally take pics. We have two yearly-April and Oct. Normally close to Passover and then mid Oct. Am not a picture taker but will try to get them to you. PM with your E address and will put together. Like you said--maybe next time. It is getting bigger every time because we just share and do not charge for the classes or training. There are some very knowledgable folks running loose. The NBC protection class is a winner. He did it about five yrs ago but now it is looming much more important considering world events and the kenyan war monger.
We are planning on a couple real fun events that will be a surprise. Will have ammo for prizes for the adults and ribbons for the youth. Last spring a wee wisp of a young lady with a pink 22 outshot the boys for her trophy. She was grinning like a "mule eating briars"--lol.

wiljen
04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
wiljen (At) embarqamail.com finds me. If you have dates for the October gathering, let me know and I'll try to go ahead and put it on my to do list.

crappiejig
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Let me see if I can shift some stuff around.If so can I pm you for directions??

Moonie
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Rats, I just saw this, a little short notice for me to make it, but it is my birthday weekend. Doubt I could talk SWMBO into it but always a chance, and it is on the way to her parents house...