PDA

View Full Version : Belt Size Thread Is Moved

redneckdan
12-06-2006, 04:27 PM
What is the largest size belt that can fit into the belt loops of jeans? mainly levi wranglers and carhartts. I have a 2" belt right now that only fits in one pair of carharts and a pair of rustlers.

C1PNR
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't buy Levi products any more, but I'm still wearing a pair of 501's I've had for a LONG time. Now it's Lee and Wrangler in the denim fabrics.

1 7/8" is a tight fit for a single thickness "Tandy" strap leather belt in all three brands. I don't remember ever trying a 2" through the belt loops, but I probably did at some point in the past. Another case of CRS.[smilie=1:

For the double thickness, holster type belts, I usually get the 1 3/4" thickness.

Gussy
12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Levis are like a small castle, no ballroom.
Gus

montana_charlie
12-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I have a 2" belt right now that only fits in one pair of carharts and a pair of rustlers.
So...did you post this in the Swappin & Sellin section to sell the belt...or to say you want some jeans with big loops?
If you want a good stiff belt that will fit your jeans, Gempler's has some.
Or maybe you need a good 'stiff belt'...of something like Jack Daniel's.
CM

Dale53
12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
I just recently checked on belt width before ordering a new pants belt. I came up with 1.5" and ordered a new Bianchi Belt. It is two thicknesses and works perfectly for a concealed hanggun. Any bigger and it won't fit my slacks. You CAN get by with a 1 .75" in jeans but not casual pants. You really need to actually try a belt in your trousers before deciding that they fit.

Something happened to my old gun belt. It "shrank" hanging in the closet. Derndest thing I ever saw. It is now 4" too short. Can't imagine what happened...

Incidentally, "Cheaper Than Dirt" has Bianchi belts at really good prices.

Dale53

carpetman
12-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Growing up I didnt know there was any other brand than Levi. I remember them being $3.75 a pair. Now I much prefer Carhartts. I have Carhartts in both denim and duck. I also have them in a lighter weight summer pant and in camouflage. The 2" belt would barely thread through Levis in the older days. 1 1/2" works better. They should make the loop to either side of the fly a little longer to accomodate the tip of the belt and the fold under for the buckle. On the loops in front you can have three thicknesses going through. Left handed people generally thread their belt opposite of right handers. If they made those aforementioned loops wider on both sides they would be ambidextrous and besides that left handed people could use them. If you have your name stamped on the belt,it will be upside down for lefties unless they have it made for left handed. Then if they have some kind of pattern on their buckle it will be upside down---like a bucking horse with feet in air and rider pointing down.

MT Gianni
12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Dan, If your belt is a gunbelt go to a cop store and buy some belt keepers for a sam browne belt. They will let you use a 1 1/2- 1 3/4" belt and gunleather over the top. They also work good for fanny pacs. Gianni.

redneckdan
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
sorry, ment to post in the special projects section.

danski26
12-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Dan
Measure the pants you have then have milt sparks make the correct size belt. you won't regret it. (12 years concealed carry)

BD
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Another maker to consider is the "Beltman". If memeory serves it's something like Beltmanbelts.com I have an 1 1/2" beltman belt thats been holding up my 1911s for two years now and looks like it will go another two at least. Paid about $50 for it. A real good belt makes a lot of difference for concealed carry. BD