PDA

View Full Version : PTG Darned impressive!!!!!!!!!!!

charger 1
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Pacific tool and gauge. Makers of various chambering ,throating and other such reamers at very attractive prices. When I ordered my chamber reamer I ordered solid pilot due to the fact that it would be a one time use for me. I also ordered a throater which due to its 1/2 degree taper I had to wait on...No sweat..Today I check my credit card balance. I notice its for about the $ of the two reamers. I thought OK thats fine. Then being like a kid at christmas I remember the girl said I wouldnt be hit for the throater till it was ready. So my mind all of a sudden my child like mind figures hey I got a throater in the mail. I call up my smith who has the reamer and I said"Hey what kind of reamer is it".He says "removeable pilot" I called them up at PTG to merely check what the work order said. I mean was I goin crackers or what....The girl comes back after talking to the owner and says "Well sir please enjoy your reamer for the price of a solid" I said hey now come on it was your goof I'll grant but now because I got an easier reamer to resell how bout I atleast split the diff with you....NO YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT SIR. THE BALANCE WILL GO ONTO YOUR THROATER,HAVE A GOOD DAY.........
By God, thats style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PTG Pacific tool and gauge ph 1 541 826 5808

Bass Ackward
12-07-2006, 06:01 PM
When I ordered my chamber reamer I ordered solid pilot due to the fact that it would be a one time use for me. I also ordered a throater which due to its 1/2 degree taper I had to wait on

Charger,

Yes. They are very good.

But. The reason that you choose a rotating pilot instead of a solid is so that you can closely match the size of the pilot to the height of your rifling to provide a good, non binding center or guide for the reamer to follow the bore. If you have low rifling height and a fixed pilot that ends up being too small, then the chamber goes where it wants. Maybe at a slight angle.

And you have to watch that a fixed pilot doesn't scratch the tops of the rifling. So technically you need to remove and clean more often with a fixed pilot.

So count your lucky stars.

charger 1
12-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Understood Bass but these projects run away cash wise, some cash not even necessarily spent,and when you get treated like that you breath a littlr relief in the project and more importantly that mankind hasnt lost all decency

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-09-2006, 01:48 AM
what cartridge?

Rich
DRSS