PDA

View Full Version : machine casters

458lott
12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
anyone have experiance, with a magma or ballisti cast, manual hand casters? i am interested in getting one, but would like some feed back.

44woody
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
458lott I have been using a magma master caster for some years now and have casted many thousands of bullets on it when I was looking for a new way to cast I looked at bolistic caster and magma both asked alot of quistons about both and desided on the master caster in my oppinion it is the best buy for the money I don't know about now but back then bolistic casters were made with sheet mettle and the master caster is a cast aul. frame and I think they are more sturdy the service at magma is out standing they are very easy to deal with if you have any quistons just pm me and I will try to answer them :castmine: 44Woody

wcb_gabe
12-07-2006, 04:12 AM
Yes, I'd also recommend the magma hand caster. Very well built and easy to operate... not as fast as casting from multiple hand held molds but much easier system to learn in my opinion and not as stressfull on the body. Can average 300 - 800+ an hour depending on the bullet.

I've gotten great service from both magma and ballisticast.

You may want to keep an eye on ebay as I'm looking to get ride of some commercial auto casting machines, sizers, molds, manual casters and spare stuff I'm not using. Figure it's not doing me any good collecting dust and I have more equiptment than I'll ever use anyway.

357maximum
12-07-2006, 04:41 AM
You may want to keep an eye on ebay as I'm looking to get ride of some commercial auto casting machines, sizers, molds, manual casters and spare stuff I'm not using. Figure it's not doing me any good collecting dust and I have more equiptment than I'll ever use anyway.

Just a thought here..bear with me....WHY DO YOU NOT PUT IT UP FOR A SEALED BID TYPE AUCTION RIGHT HERE....IT WOULD BE FAR BETTER THAN PLUGGING EBAY...

44woody
12-07-2006, 10:53 AM
357maximum I am in complete agreement with you why not sell them here instead of on ebay I for one would buy from here much quicker than on ebay which I will not buy from at ALL when you buy and sale on ebay you give the antigun people more ammo against those of us that own guns and ebay is starting to be a big rip off example a man bought a 1lb block of lead off ebay for $67.00 that was supposed to be old and rare (BS) I have one of those moulds too and I would bet that the seller casted it up threw it in a bucket of water and it turned black then called it old and rare the buyer is a dummy and the seller a con artist these are some of my thoughts some will agree with them some won't but this is what I believe :castmine: 44Woody

500bfrman
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
if you are looking at ballisticast, don't go by their prices on the website. Add at least 20% to it. They have raised prices, but just can't seem to find the time to tell you. They tell you when you call them, don't ask me how I know. :shock:

legend
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
458lott,i had a bullett business for three years,i used magma products and i believe they are top of the line;i would recomend any product they make,and,they are VERY helpfull when you might have a problem.i had thier hand casters,thier air actuated machines,and thier sizer/luber.and 34 sets of molds!(8each set).you wont find a better company,and very few will come close.hope i helped.i owned wyoming casting company.legend

No_1
12-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I want Legend's equipment for Christmas!

Welcome aboard Legend. I am sure your knowledge and experienced gained in the casting business will be very helpful.

Robert

458lott,i had a bullett business for three years,i used magma products and i believe they are top of the line;i would recomend any product they make,and,they are VERY helpfull when you might have a problem.i had thier hand casters,thier air actuated machines,and thier sizer/luber.and 34 sets of molds!(8each set).you wont find a better company,and very few will come close.hope i helped.i owned wyoming casting company.legend

LAH
12-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome Legend and look forward to your imput.

I use the Master Caster but the Ballisti Cast machine does look interesting.

Creeker

mastercast.com
12-09-2006, 04:19 PM
CHECK THE PRICE OF THE MOLDS AND I THINK YOU WILL GO WITH MAGMA!

You can buy a set of eight molds from Magma for the same price you will pay for a set of four molds from BALLISTI-CAST.

I have been using the Magma MASTERCASTER for years now for small batches of bullets. Nothing has worn out or broken.....that little puppy just keeps making great bullets if you do your part.

When it comes to customer service, Magma can't be beat!

I also have commercial machines made by BALLISTI-CAST. Things break and wear out frequently. Their AUTOCAST casting machine is extremely violent and loud in operation in comparison to the Magma BULLETMASTER that I use here. Durability and customer service are a real issue with BALLISTI-CAST.(In my experience.)

Soon, very soon, the BALLISTI-CAST equipment will be gone and everything in my shop will be Magma.

Want to hear a few "Horror Stories" with regard to BALLISTI-CAST? Email me at mike@mastercastbullets.com for further.

Mike
mastercast.com

458lott
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
thank you everyone, for your responses. it looks like i am going with magma.

LAH
12-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Like Mike I also have a Ballisti Cast Auto Caster. Mine was made in the 70's. It's so old that it requires no air for operation being totally electric. I agree it's loud. Mine's even louder than the new ones. If I were to do it over I would go with Magma. Their machines are smoother in operation.

Ballisti Cast was sold sometime back. The owner was a man by the name of Dennis Edwards with a machine shop outside of Plaza, ND. I took possession of my machine there. What dealings I had with them were less than satisfactory. The machine did though perform as stated and there was no trouble with the moulds.

The new owner is a man in the mould making business. His moulds are used for plastic. I've had no dealing with the new company concerning my machine as it's never broken or needed a replacement part. This new company however does make moulds for me. I've stated here before that IMHO they are the finest moulds I've used. Their custom or stock moulds have "never" given us troubles. The bullets have weighed and measured just as I asked them to be in every case but one and this was corrected in two weeks at no cost to me, not even shipping cost.

No reason not to believe Mike's problems. He's a fellow caster. But my personal dealings with the current Ballisti Cast Company has been great in every way, especially concerning their moulds. They have been on time every time. Still if starting over I would go with a Magma Auto Caster instead of the Ballist Cast. BTW either company can modify most moulds to work with their machine. As a side note I have a Ballisti Cast Auto Sizer/Luber. No problems with it either……...God Bless..........Creeker

Lloyd Smale
12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
dont have an auto caster but have also had excellent dealings with the new managment.

legend
12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
thanks lah and #1,i have sat back and watched for a while;i learn every day,you guys are allright!

No_1
12-13-2006, 06:19 PM
thanks lah and #1,i have sat back and watched for a while;i learn every day,you guys are allright!

Sometimes we are alright other times we are just downright GREAT!

Robert