PDA

View Full Version : which top punch

tuckerdog
04-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I've ordered lees 310 grn .430 wfngc and was wondering what top punch to use w/RCBS lube a matic my sbh shoots best with .429 sized boolits. I have top punch for 429421 but think it is too small for the profile of the lee. I know lee makes a press mounted sizer but would prefer to use sizer I already have

GP100man
04-03-2011, 02:36 PM
I took a 1/4" bolt screwed a couple of nuts on it & ground em smooth to make a plan flat punch.

Since then I have made it to myFILs lathe & made a better lookin TP

I also have fillet that big cavity on the 421 with epoxy & flattened it .

The flat punches work good on anything with a flat meplat but ya have to pay closer attention to setting the boolit in the die to get it straight !!

tuckerdog
04-03-2011, 06:08 PM
thx, I figured on having to use a flat but didn't know if lyman or rcbs made one to fit. I've looked and they dont make a similar mold or I would buy it

Wayne Smith
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I think it's the professor who is making them. Somewhere he posted some pics with o-rings on the shank to hold them in place.

theperfessor
04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I do have nose punches in any caliber that feature a cup end to fill with epoxy for a conformal fit to the bullet nose and an O-ring shank that eliminates the need for a set screw to hold them in place. See my sig line for details. They are $8.50 each including shipping in the USA.