PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale Powder

Newtire
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I found this at a local Craig's List sale. Sometimes you just get lucky. There were 5 more cans than is shown also.
Yeah! I finally figured out how to post a picture...Cost $50.00

JDL
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Looks like you done real good, if it wasn't too expensive! -JDL

ron brooks
12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
It costs $50.00 to post a picture or to learn to post one? :-D

Ron

P.S. Good deal on the powder too.

PatMarlin
12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Score... :drinks:

Uncle Grinch
12-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Newtire... Looks like you got an early Christmas present. What a deal!!

You must have been a good little boy!

Newtire
12-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Newtire... Looks like you got an early Christmas present. What a deal!!

You must have been a good little boy!

Yeah! I sure have been! this last year I have gotten some real great deals on reloading stuff. I like that Craig's List. Beats the hell out of Ebay. A chunk of lead for $30...go figure

376Steyr
12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
A great deal IF the canisters have their original seals. I once managed to accidentally create my own custom blend of Red Dot/Unique when I had two cans open on the bench at the same time. Being the wonderful person that I am, I properly destroyed the powder before it could fall into the wrong hands. I can easily picture a reloading-ignorant person "consolidating" a bunch of half-empty canisters. After all, gunpowder is gunpowder, isn't it? If you're satisfied this didn't happen, congratulations!

jh45gun
12-09-2006, 03:46 AM
What is Craigs List???Never heard of it?

Hunter
12-09-2006, 05:08 AM
That is a great deal but I agree 376Steyr I would be sure the cotainers are correct. If different powders are mixed man that could be bad. I have had a can or two of powder given to me with the seal broken and I decided it was not worth the risk just in case.

Newtire
12-09-2006, 11:31 AM
That is a great deal but I agree 376Steyr I would be sure the cotainers are correct. If different powders are mixed man that could be bad. I have had a can or two of powder given to me with the seal broken and I decided it was not worth the risk just in case.

I agree about the mixed powder thing but 3-cans of 296, 3-cans of 2400 were all full and on pouring out, the 296 seems the same as the other stuff I have. Others match descriptions in NRA reloading book or of stuff I already have. It's a risky thing for sure. about 1/2 lb of "Unique" will make a nice brief nighttime flare. I gave the guy the pyrodex ctg as I have no use for it. The rest is going down the tube 10-55 gr. at a time. I wouldn't recommend this practice to anyone who is just new for sure. Craig'sList is a kind of online source for goods & services that lets you advertise free like in a want ad thing. Check it out. We got a nice oven from there brand new for way cheap about a month ago.

TedH
12-10-2006, 01:27 AM
I'd say ya done real good. :drinks: I can never find those kind of deals. :roll:

snowtigger
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
The best deal I ever got on powder was twelve pounds of black, along with two pounds of Pyrodex.
The guy was leaving and driving through Canada, so he didn't want to take the BLACK. I bought some lead from himand as he was about to leave he threw in the powder, alng with 50 lbs or so of brass in variuos calibers.
I got so much .280 Rem, I bought a rifle to fit it.LOL
Now, if I can only find a BP shooter to trade the BLACK to, I will be happy.
Hmmmm, I have some old bowling balls around, an old O2 cylinder.... maybe it's time to build that bowling ball cannon.....

RayinNH
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Or you buy a rifle to use the black in. Do you see how this works yet?...Ray

snowtigger
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
You know, there is that late-season moose hunt for muzzle loaders....

snowtigger
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM
You know, there is that late-season moose hunt for muzzle loaders....:twisted: