PDA

View Full Version : A sure sign of spring!

waksupi
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Ah, spring! The snow is melting, the rains have come, and the ducks and geese are headed north. I am always overjoyed to see the first things growing in the new season. This past week, I have had several species starting to push their heads up through the snow. I always collect all I can find in the spring!

BruceB
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Spring!

When spring has sprung

And grass has riz,

And the plant that grows like a weed

IS!

peerlesscowboy
03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Saw a gopher running around on a snowbank yesterday...........he appeared a little confused :confused:

smoked turkey
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
The geese are flying circles here cause they don't know what to do. However I do believe we are on the short rows of winter here. YEA!

Three44s
03-31-2011, 11:32 PM
Gray diggers have been out for a while here ........... but we had an easy winter all things considered!!

Three 44s

geargnasher
03-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Ric, where do you buy your boolit seeds? Mine never seem to come up, no matter how much I water them. I think I keep getting bad ones, or I'm not scarifying them correctly, or maybe it's because we haven't had any snow here in about eight years.

Gear

waksupi
04-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Ric, where do you buy your boolit seeds? Mine never seem to come up, no matter how much I water them. I think I keep getting bad ones, or I'm not scarifying them correctly, or maybe it's because we haven't had any snow here in about eight years.

Gear

I believe I know your problem. You most likely aren't using fertile loob grooves. Without those, there is no way they will grow!

Echo
04-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Waksupi, do you know where a chap could purchase some fertile loob grooves?

waksupi
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Waksupi, do you know where a chap could purchase some fertile loob grooves?

Step into my parlor.....

beanflip
04-01-2011, 12:15 PM
I have been told if you can smell a skunks odor its a good sign of spring and that happened 2 weeks ago.

white eagle
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
spring in Wis
I am in the middle of a snow storm
must be the global warming I heard tell about :bigsmyl2:[smilie=p:

geargnasher
04-03-2011, 02:21 AM
I believe I know your problem. You most likely aren't using fertile loob grooves. Without those, there is no way they will grow!

Ahh! That explains it. So I need to start putting a few of the ones with the blue lube in with the boxes of the ones with the pink lube along with a splash of tequila and a Barry White CD and leave them in there overnight with the lid closed before loading!

Gear

lwknight
04-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Spring has sprung. I have 3" tall corn right now.
It will be summer when the okra sprouts.

btroj
04-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Ahh! That explains it. So I need to start putting a few of the ones with the blue lube in with the boxes of the ones with the pink lube along with a splash of tequila and a Barry White CD and leave them in there overnight with the lid closed before loading!

Gear

Be careful there Gear, you got to feed and shelter all those little ones ........
This mint work if you need lots of 22 bullets but it just takes too darn long for them to grow into 45-70 slugs. And those 35 cal years are rough.......

ColColt
04-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Here in the South we've had Daffodils come up, bloom and blooms now gone. Bees are out and leaves either already on certain trees or in the making. Right not at 11:13pm it's 55 and soon to be 74 degrees-I can dig it.

This reminds me of a somewhat "simple" fellow I saw some years back planting a "garden" but, it wasn't food he was after for his toil and trouble. As I slowly drove by this guy was actually planting beer cans in the dirt!!:mrgreen: I wished him well.

waksupi
04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
4 inches of snow last night. Durn it.

fatnhappy
04-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Ah, spring! The snow is melting, the rains have come, and the ducks and geese are headed north. I am always overjoyed to see the first things growing in the new season. This past week, I have had several species starting to push their heads up through the snow. I always collect all I can find in the spring!

Those are the elusive Rosmarinus plusmetalus. Ric, the proper manner of utilizing rosmarinus plusetalus to flavor your melt is as follows:

bring your smelt up to temp, flux, then throw them into the melt whilst freshly picked.

please report back with your tale of success.

firefly1957
04-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Had about 3-4 inches of snow with three thunderstorms today I am wondering if it is still April 1st !

lwknight
04-04-2011, 08:34 AM
You guys remind of why I tolerate the scorching Texas summers.
Its because spring is mild and early. ( Usually that is.)
And winter is generally not too terrible either.

jmsj
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Spring has made a retreat.
It is snowing this morning in Northeast, NM.

NHlever
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
We have gotten another5", or so of wet snow in the past few days. I have a friend that has been in Colorado during that time, and I doub that she will be too excited when she flies back in today. I guess this mess is all just what it is what it is for this storm.

bslim
04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
it's warm up here, the roads are clear and dry. But, I still have 4' fo the white stuff on my front lawn. Went out to the range today and had a whale of a time digging my 45 auto brass out of the snowbanks. I won't be finding any lead mushrooms for a while yet!