PDA

View Full Version : I'm not ready for summer yet!

Buckshot
03-31-2011, 01:54 AM
..............I had to go get the pedestal fan and set it up in the shop. Had the front and back doors open too. I never went out to check the temp but the radio said it'd been 82º, and they're looking for possible low 90's in the next couple days. I'd like another few weeks of coolish weather and maybe another few days of rain, but since they say we're at 128% for normal rainfall to date, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

................Buckshot

Southern Son
03-31-2011, 02:09 AM
I am well and truly over summer. It has been a hot one here. Looking forward to being able to relax in the new shed and not end up with heat exhaustion.

looseprojectile
03-31-2011, 02:22 AM
is perfect weather for me.
Right now it is 46.4 and raining and blowing. Promises to get up to almost sixty in the next week or so. Maybe for one day for an hour or two. We now have a flood watch.
I have about seven new guns to try that I have not shot because of the dang rain and cold, wind and snow. If you don't shoot in the rain here you don't shoot much.
I don't like it when it gets above 80. When it gets to 90 my shooting slows way down too.

Life is good

ihmsakiwi
03-31-2011, 03:20 AM
Well I am ready for some cooler weather so I can do some full days of casting. We have just enjoyed the best summer in years here in Auckland. The humidity here has been quite uncomfortable for months and is only now abatting a couple of weeks into fall. My stack of cast boolits has only just got me through the summer and I will end up shootong off my last 30 cal RCBS 165 grainers this weekend. Having introduced my nephew to IHMSA shooting he quickly got the heck of the .22LR disciplines and has been shooting my 32Magnum T/C in production, Unlimited and Standing which is obliterating my stash. Peter.
Three day shoot this weekend, thats 450 boolits between the two of us and he lives too far away from me to really put the hard word on him to come help me cast them.
It is a labour of love.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-31-2011, 06:19 AM
We still have a forecast of mixed snow and rain for Monday. I'm ready to do a little sweating. It has been a long cold winter and the older I get, the less I like the cold. I can always turn the air on but there is something about the cold that just sinks in.

*Paladin*
03-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Spring and fall are my favorite times of the year. We're supposedly gonna hit 64* today. I'll be glad for some warm weather. If it would stay 60-70 degrees for most of the year, I'd be happy. I hate the heat of summer...

white eagle
03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm with you Paladin
heat and hot weather and me do not get along

dragonrider
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
" Looking forward to being able to relax in the new shed and not end up with heat exhaustion. "

So air conditioning has not reached Australia yet??

Olevern
03-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Snow here last nite and predicted for today. I'll take that 82 degrees

Doc Highwall
03-31-2011, 11:45 AM
51 deg here right now.

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Aww . . . we are only calling for 87º today, 91º tomorrow, been cold in the high 40's in the morning . . . it dry heat! . . . but . . . so is the oven!

I haven't even worn my long johns for a few days now!

troyboy
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Come up to North East PA and spend the weekend. It is a rain snow mix and we are supposed to get snow tonight. Just wonderful get to slop around in the mud and snow all weekend............ I am ready for some WARM weather.

Jailer
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Feel free to send some of that heat over our way to get rid of all this white stuff still on the ground.

firefly1957
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
46 degrees here today and down to about 6 inches of snow actually did some shooting to.

Southern Son
03-31-2011, 08:57 PM
" Looking forward to being able to relax in the new shed and not end up with heat exhaustion. "

So air conditioning has not reached Australia yet??

We gots the conditioned air in the house (keeps the wife and the dogs happy).

My shed is 30 foot by 20 foot with a center hight of about 13 foot, made of colourbond steel, with 2 big roller doors and plenty of gaps for the air to get in and out. Good for casting in (if it ain't too hot), cause it lets all the smoke etc from fluxing get out of the shed. But it would also let out all the cool air. Air conditioning in the shed might be nice, but it would have to be a real big unit.

When we get new air conditioners for the house, the best of the old ones from the house may end up going on the wall of the shed, but it won't last long because it will have to be going a full blast all the time just to keep up with the air that is escaping over the roller doors and through the gaps.

Doc Highwall
03-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Maybe you could partition off a small section.

Echo
04-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Predicted for 95* here tomorrow, and I'm working at the museum, driving a tram!

But it's a dry heat...

Right...

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm past ready!

Finally!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnVT/Picture4.png

:bigsmyl2:

[smilie=s:

Just Duke
04-02-2011, 10:05 AM
92 here 2 days ago and I'm sunburned while building fences for the wife to keep the dogs out of her flowers.
I'm moving where its cooler.

sljacob
04-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I am so ready for summer.....18* and snowing here today

blasternank
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
We had a brief cold spell but now it looks like we are going to suffer with unseasonably hot weather in the dfw area of TX. It's way to early and makes the hot season way to long and miserable!

Denver
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Well it was beautiful here today (N Michigan). Sunshine and low 60s. The snow is going fast . I fired up the Goldwing and took a ride for the first time since last October. Felt great. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer with some rain, so it should take care of the rest of the snow. This is the first winter in several years that we haven't gone South for the winter. I think we'll go back next un.:bigsmyl2:

crabo
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
91 tomorrow

frankenfab
04-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm not ready for summer yet!

That's what I have been saying the past couple of years here in Arkansas because we have basically gone straight from Winter in to Summer!

[smilie=b:

But it is certainly pleasant conditions here at the moment.:D 82 degrees with low humidity and a slight breeze.............[smilie=6:

BOOM BOOM
04-10-2011, 12:49 AM
HI,
We got snow last night, so at about 38* at 1P.M. it was perfect casting weather for 7MM's.

10x
04-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I was up at my farm yesterday (Northern Alberta) and there was still a foot of snow in the fields and two feet drifted in the yard. My front bumper was pushing snow on the drive in where it had drifted. Blue skies, windy, and 50F.

There was a terrible winter kill on the deer in the area and it was miles between sets of deer tracks. How ever there is coyote den dug under the barn and moose droppings all over the yard.
And I saw a road kill mini van and the cow elk that terminated the minivan on the way there.

Maineboy
04-11-2011, 06:37 AM
There is still alot of snow up here and yesterday I measured 22 inches of ice on our lake. Winter still has a grip on us.

BOOM BOOM
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
HI,
If it would just snow in the mt. near Provo, I could get enough snow and finish casting 38, 44, & 7MM's. :bigsmyl2:
Oh well I will just have to size & lube.:Fire::Fire: