PDA

View Full Version : Back at last...

lovedogs
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry I've been gone so long, fellas. I got busy with silhouette competitions, then was helping others get guns ready for hunting season, then helping with a handicapped hunt, then helping my lady friend hunt for her first deer, and finally getting my own hunting done. I've just been gone, busy, and too tired to get on the site. Now I've got some knives to build before Christmas and coyotes to hunt but hope to have more time to get on-line. Looking forward to visiting with all of you again.

Aldeer
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Show us some pictures of some of the knives you've made. I love good knives.

Bigjohn
12-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Excuse accepted!

But it sounds like you need a break just to get over what you have been up to anyway. :drinks:

John.

lovedogs
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I will make an attemt to log on more often now. I wish I could put some photos of my knives on the site but I don't have that capability. It's about all I can do to get this computer started. Guns, knives, and most things mechanical I can handle but anything that runs on electricity gives me trouble.

Best regards to ya all... Mike

9.3X62AL
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Lovedogs--

You described my own situation with computers and electronics succinctly. And I have found that retirement differs from working in only one respect--I now rest up from recreations, rather than from laboring. I HEAR YA, in other words--good to see ya again, sir.

lovedogs
12-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back, ya' all. Al, that resting up comment sure is the truth. My last deer, a really nice whitetail buck, was shot down in what's known here as the Smokey Breaks. It's a mess of sheer cliffs interspersed with rough rocky hills and lots of blow-down. It took this old man five hours to drag that 176 lb. massive 5X6 out of that hell hole. I ain't never shootin' nuthin' down there again. I'm too old and skinny for that nonsense!