PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Chargemaster Saga

rockrat
03-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Was in the driveway when UPS pulled up. Wasn't expecting anything, but the driver hands me a box with the RCBS logo.

Put it in the shop till I had a little time to see what was going on.

Opened up the box and there was a RCBS chargemaster box. Opened it up and there was a BRAND NEW Chargemaster in the box. Complete. I hadn't sent everything back (transformer,50g weights, powder hopper, ect), but the box had it all.

Work order even said I didn't supply the receipt, but they replaced it under warranty:holysheep

Hats off to RCBS!!!!:bigsmyl2:

Doc Highwall
03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Send them an e-mail that you mentioned it here.

kodiak1
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
rockrat
Read your post and had a chuckle. RCBS is one of the best for Warranty.
As you can see from my location I am Canadian............. Well that 49th causes alittl bit of a problem to send stuff back and forth for warranty work. This is my experience with RCBS

Phoned RCBS told them my Chargemaster had shat the bed.
Send $45.00 and old chargemaster to RCBS will replace no questions asked.
Okay then I proceed to tell him I am north of the border!!!!!!!!!!!
Scrap plan A here is Plan B (Now not a word of this is BS).
Take your chargemaster attack it with a sledge hammer, drive over it what ever you choose just smash it!
Take me (RCBS Fella) a picture with the date on it and mail that and $65.00 USD to RCBS and WE WILL SEND YOU A BRAND SPANKIN NEW ONE.
The money covers the cost of shipping and handling.
Okay come on Momma you are driving the Dodge and I am running the camera.
Had her drive over it twice took the pic went to town got a money order cashable at any USA bank put her in an envelope affixed $1.00 CDN for postage and off she went.
Well boys 3 weeks later get a notice package at the post office.
Went in picked her up and she was marked on the outside warranty repair no charge.
It came through customs no taxes for the Canadian Feds and no Fee for customs to inspect it.
He!! I even opened the box and sure enough she was a brand spankin new Chargemaster 1500.
Yes I kept all the attachments and extra's also.

So in the eyes of this reloader they are top at RCBS and Dillon has also treated me well on my warranty.
Lee maybe cheap but RCBS is the BEST.

Thanks Ken.

Missoulaz28
03-30-2011, 04:20 AM
rockrat

Take your chargemaster attack it with a sledge hammer, drive over it what ever you choose just smash it!
Take me (RCBS Fella) a picture with the date on it and mail that and $65.00 USD to RCBS and WE WILL SEND YOU A BRAND SPANKIN NEW ONE.
The money covers the cost of shipping and handling.
Okay come on Momma you are driving the Dodge and I am running the camera.

Thanks Ken.

Where is the required attachment?

dromia
03-30-2011, 04:45 AM
I'm surprised that they asked you for the postage. :shock:

Never done that with me before and I'm in the UK.

kodiak1
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Missoulaz28

What attachment are you referring.
Sorry I am not picking up what you are laying down.

Ken.

AZ-Stew
03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
It's cheaper for them to pick up and ship a boxed set with the complete Charge Master kit in it than it is for them to pack up and ship the unit and accessories after sorting out what you sent and didn't send. Employee's time costs $$.

Regards,

Stew

Missoulaz28
03-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Missoulaz28

What attachment are you referring.
Sorry I am not picking up what you are laying down.

Ken.

The picture of the charge master after the destruction.

kodiak1
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Missoulaz28
Sent you an PM.
Don't know how to post pics!

Ken.