PDA

View Full Version : Kroil order, what else to get?

cheese1566
03-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Tired of looking around locally for Kroil, the wonder juice.

I tried it last week at a 2 day AR-15/M16 armorer's course and found first hand how great it is!

Gunshops 45 minutes away either are always out, or not stocked. Scheels Sporting Goods had a 8 ounce can for $23.00 (and a Brownell's sticker on the bottom of the can! they insisted the price was correct.)

I have decided to order direct and take advantage of the Google special of two cans of AeroKroil Spray.

In addition I was thinking of getting a gallon and being set for life, rather than two small cans. (By the way, does it evaporate from the can?)

What else from Kano is wonderful that I should look into when ordering?
Is shipping from Kano Labs expensive?

stubshaft
03-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Aero Kroil is the bomb. It has become my favorite mould and gun cleaner. I can't think of anything else I would order from Kano Labs, and shipping wasn't too expensive.

03-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Is shipping no longer included in the Google special?

avan47
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
"2 king sized cans for $12 plus $5.95 shipping", http://www.kanolabs.com/google/

"does it evaporate from the can?" Don't know about that but it does leak out through the seems in the can. as the add says, "Kroil creeps into millionth of an inch spaces". It does have amazing penitrating ability.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Micro-oil is my new favorite lightweight oil for small machinery.
Like fishin' reels and such.
great on guns to...where a light oil is needed
Jon

montana_charlie
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
In addition I was thinking of getting a gallon and being set for life, rather than two small cans. (By the way, does it evaporate from the can?)
I buy the liquid, not the aerosol, and have never seen it evaporate.
CM

pdawg_shooter
03-29-2011, 03:12 PM
I bought the gallon, direct from Kano Labs 2 years ago for making my version of Ed's Red and now use it for everything. Bout ready for another can. Kroil and CLP and your are ready for anything.

Flash
03-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Aero Kroil can be bought and some autoparts suppliers but it's the best. I use the liquid in hypodermic syringes for getting into tight places. I've never seen a better oil.

CWME
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I got my areokroil can at NAPA autoparts. Although it sounds like you get twice the stuff for the same price NAPA has it for.

GMW
03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Kroil and Ballsitol were sent by God!

bbqncigars
03-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Kroil is not only the greatest penetrating oil and bore cleaner, but a damned nice cologne too!

BorderBrewer
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
When Kroil claims it's "the oil that creeps" they are not kidding. I left a can sitting on my loading bench for a couple of months and it's leaking through the rolled seal on the bottom of the can! And yeah, it smells nice.

Cadillo
03-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Just a heads up. Remember that this was my experience, and your results will most likely differ from mine. I have used Kroil for barrel cleaning and find it effective.

On four occasions my blood pressure has gone from normal to dangerously high. Each occurance of very high blood pressure was after having used Kroil to clean a gun or guns. Prior to learning about the blood pressure issue, I knew that I had felt badly after having used the Kroil, but did not correlate that bad feeling with high blood pressure until one evening after cleaning with Kroil, when my girlfriend, an LVN, told me that I looked bad and took my blood pressure. I was at 140/110. This was the first time. I had never had high blood pressure before.

The doctor put me on medication and my pressure is down into a very safe range, but I still had not discovered the correlation between the Kroil and my body's response to it. So, I eventually got around to using Kroil again, and even with the medication, the very next usage sent my pressure back up very high again.

Long story short, since being on BP medication, my pressure has gone up three (3) times. Each time was just after having used Kroil. Needless to say, I don't use it any more.

Each time I used Kroil in very small amounts, I was in a two door garage with the door fully open and with a fan blowing across my work bench toward the open door. I mistakenly thought that this was adequate ventilation for what I was doing. I was also wearing nitrile gloves.

I suspect that for some reason I am hyper sensitive to something in this product and others may not be so affected, but I feel that it should at least be told.

I feel fortunate that high blood pressure, known as the silent killer, causes me to feel like hell, so at least I know when it happens to me. Recently three men I know, who are younger than I by several years, have had had strokes. One is wheel chair bound and another suffers seizures and can never again drive or work. The third is doing great. This BP thing scares hell out of me when it happens.

I recommend extreme caution using this product.

Good Luck and Godspeed to all!

montana_charlie
03-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Don't know about that but it does leak out through the seems in the can. as the add says, "Kroil creeps into millionth of an inch spaces". It does have amazing penitrating ability.

When Kroil claims it's "the oil that creeps" they are not kidding. I left a can sitting on my loading bench for a couple of months and it's leaking through the rolled seal on the bottom of the can!
I keep my can of (non-aerosol) Kroil on a shelf made of unfinished waferboard. If it were to leak at all, the stain would be painfully evident. After six years, there is nothing to show that Kroil always sits on that spot.

Aero Kroil can be bought and some autoparts suppliers but it's the best. I use the liquid in hypodermic syringes for getting into tight places. I've never seen a better oil.
Kroil is the best penetrating oil I know of, but I don't consider it a lubricant ... not even close.

A lubricant needs to have some amount of viscosity so it can keep two moving surfaces separate.
Kroil doesn't have anything you could call 'body'. It's even 'thinner' than water.

CM

bowfin
03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Here's another good Kroil deal, but it ends tomorrow. An 8 oz. can for $6.69

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=137203

cheese1566
03-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Here's another good Kroil deal, but it ends tomorrow. An 8 oz. can for $6.69

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=137203

I looked into that, the shipping estimator was "$14.95" for one can. Hate to buy things to bulk up an order. Krano has it for $7.

bowfin
03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
One can wouldn't justify the cost at Midway. I bought three cans and three RCBS bullet molds on clearance, so that put the shipping more into perspective.

montana_charlie
03-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Shipping is always going to be 'high' because it must be shipped through non-USPS carriers.
CM