PDA

View Full Version : A modest proposal....

waksupi
12-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Friends, a subject came up last night in chat, and from the overwhelming support of all involved, I thought it should be brought to the attention of all.
As the administrators and moderators of this board are sadly underpaid, it was thought it would be a nice thing, for each member to send to each moderator, and administrator, ten bullets, and a buck or two. Or, if you wanted to take advantage of the flat rate boxes from the post office, it would be acceptable to send a full box of bullets, padding them with dollar bills, to prevent damage.
I believe at the time, we would all stand to be recieving around 22400 boolits each, and at a dollar each, $2240 in cash, to support our shooting habits.
I, for one, would humbly accept these offerings, and use the proceeds to further my long term work with the Save the Blue Clay Pigeon Foundation.
We thank you for your support.

XBT
12-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Waksupi, if this works out well for you, please put me on the waiting list to be a moderator.

Scrounger
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Will it be OK if CarpetMan sends you a sheep or cat instead?

MT Gianni
12-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Do you want the tarsal glands or the testicals from the buck? I'm glad to do my part. Gianni.

NVcurmudgeon
12-03-2006, 05:32 PM
That's a great idea, waksupi! For anyone sending boolits, please send me .30, .31, .35, .44, .452, 7mm, and 8mm only. Money, of course, can be in any size.

MGySgt
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Waksupi - What have you been smoking? I don't think it is the standard store bought tabacco!

waksupi
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I see some of you don't understand the principal idea of this thing. Ken, Willy, and I, all thought this a capitol idea, although others participating in the conversation were somewhat lukewarm to it. However, they never came right out, and said it was a bad idea. I truely believed, in the spirit of the Christmas season, all would joyously respond with a happy heart. We shall await the results, and will be asking the post master for a larger, re-inforced mail box.

fatnhappy
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM
you might want to specify that the bullets be sent USPS not Unique or 2400.

carpetman
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Waksupi--I had been thinking about a better idea. Why send you a Timex--you all deserve a Rolex. So I signed all of you up for a fertilizer club. You will receive a list of names and addresses. Go poop in the yard of the person at the top of the list and cross their name off and add your name to the bottom of the list. Don't be shy. There will most likely be several people out there pooping in the yard and you wont even be noticed. In turn give the list to someone else for them to do the same. Just when you think it's not working,you'll have people showing up to poop in your yard,probably 2048 maybe a few less. Get started now and by spring you'll have the greenest yard in town(or out of town). Ric a huge bonus for you is that it might attract some sheep.

madcaster
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Waksupi,
Sir,do you do as they do in strip clubs,accept Monopoly money,since the stuff being displayed is fake as well?
Not that the Honorable moderators here are faking anything!
Jeff.

Bigjohn
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Waksupi
A BONZER idea mate! I've just put a parcel out to be collected by S. CLAUS Midnight Freight Service. Only problem is; they only pick up and deliver on one night of the Year and you have to be nice to get on their list. :-D [smilie=1:

Now; as I was short of the appropiate packing paper, I found some old Japanese Occupation notes my daddy relieved off a member of the IJOF back in '44. Also I have included some freshly cast examples of my 75mm Recoilless Rifle Steel Boolits (sure hope I don't exceed the weight limitations on the freight). :-D

I was considering sending you some 500gr .100" calibre boolits from my Superduper Needle Shooter but the package would have exceeded the overall length limit impose by the subcontractor of S. Claus; Reindeer Haulers. :)

Please note: The freighters do not stop and require your chimmney to be clean and lubed for ease of delivery and there should be NO fire burning in the fireplace at time of delivery. You now of course they will not accept responsiblity for stuck or burnt parcels. :roll:

So please keep a look out for the parcel somewhere between 11:59 p.m. 24th December and 12:01 a.m. 25th December 2006. Merry Christmas!

John.

45nut
12-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I am still waiting for the address requests!

Bigjohn
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
S. Claus has all of your addresses and he knows if you have been naughty or nice.
DAMN IT! He's got better intel than 'Big Brother'. [smilie=1:

:drinks:

John.

Beerd
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
All seriousness aside, :?: , let's not forget our Honchos.
A little extra included with our orders can help smooth things out with Mrs Honcho for the next group buy.
Just a thought.

Bret4207
12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I think it'd be nice if we sent Willie some $$ to help keep the place up and running. There are days that this place is about all that keeps me going. Other times it drives me crazy, but in a good way.

(Just in case anyone follows through on Rics suggestion, I'd really like a K-32 Smiff, a CPA Stevens switch barrel set up in 22 LR, 28-30, 32-40, 38-55 and 40-65, or a primo 1955 Dodge Power Wagon instead of cash. Used is fine and nothing fancy in the way of paint , wood or bluing is needed.)

Bigjohn
12-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I think it'd be nice if we sent Willie some $$ to help keep the place up and running. There are days that this place is about all that keeps me going. Other times it drives me crazy, but in a good way.

(Just in case anyone follows through on Rics suggestion, I'd really like a K-32 Smiff, a CPA Stevens switch barrel set up in 22 LR, 28-30, 32-40, 38-55 and 40-65, or a primo 1955 Dodge Power Wagon instead of cash. Used is fine and nothing fancy in the way of paint , wood or bluing is needed.)

I agree with Tpr Brett. This forum is worth it's weight in gold (I would take Lead) and if Willie needed funds to keep it going; he could have some of mine.

John.

waksupi
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I suspect Rugerman. I think he did it. After all the begging, whining, and wheedling, it finally paid off. Today in my mailbox, in an unmarked envelope, was something strange. I first held it to my ear, to be sure it wasn't ticking. Then I squeezed it. Hmmmmmm?.... Deer pellets?
So then I open it. Lo and behold, there are some beuooootiful bullets. I was distressed, to see no dollar bills for padding, and fear one of the bullets may be slightly damaged. I shall shoot it, to be sure if it will fly.
I will await patiently, as I am sure the cash will be arriving under a separate cover.
I'm sure all the other moderators, Ken, and Willie, are absolutely flooded with bullets and cash by now, and I must wonder if the local mail carrier is a closet PB shooter, and may have been absconding with tons of bullets. I shall keep an eye on him, and see if his powder and primer consumption goes up.

Thanks, Mark! You da man!

rugerman1
05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
[smilie=1: