PDA

View Full Version : Ballisti-Cast

Bradley
03-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Anybody know what's up? First they put up a sign saying that their building had been sold so all they could sell until they found a new place was parts. They also put up a sign saying that they were looking for a buyer. I called. They did expect to start making moulds again, eventually. Now their phone has been disconnected and they are not answering e-mails.

Toobroke
03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
The building was sold and both of Peter's companies (Niess Enterprises and Ballisticast) had to be vacated out of the building by the first week of March. Peter was unsure what their next move would be. It didn't sound like they wanted to stay in North Dakota. All of the machines, etc, for Niess Enterprises were auctioned off. NONE of the Ballisticast property was auctioned. Peter was either going to sell it as a separate entity or reopen the business wherever he ended up at. I haven't talked to him since about a day before the auctions started but there was a guy from Wisconsin/Minnesota in the fishing lure business who was interested in buying Ballisticast--never heard anything after that. I know Peter told me he would keep the website updated for contact info. I'll see if I can get in contact with him.

Bradley
04-08-2011, 06:06 PM
What did Niess Enterprises do? Was that the automatic loading and casting machines?

jameslovesjammie
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
What did Niess Enterprises do? Was that the automatic loading and casting machines?

http://www.plastic.minot.com/

Toobroke
04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Finally talked with Peter last night. Looks like the email address is wrong on the Ballisti-Cast website. Need to drop the "www" off of it. Here's the good email address:

plastic@minot.com

He did say there are now 2 outfits that are seeking to acquire Ballisti-Cast. Whichever gets the financing first will be the winner. Didn't get into any other specifics other than that.

Toobroke

Shoot_for_fun
04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I have some of his equipment and here are the specifics from my point of view. No parts, no service and no assurance anyone is purchasing the business. There may be folks looking at purchasing it but common sense makes me wonder how much a business that closed and left it's customers hanging is worth. What is the sales pitch you give to a potential buyer? From what I experienced Peter never could keep the quality of help he needed for the product he produced. I bet in a year it is worth less (worthless) than what ever it's value is today. Being an owner of a casting business and needing molds it has left a sour taste in my mouth. I can't find anyone that is interested in tooling up to make the blocks. Magma blocks may work but I still need the hardware, sprue plates, ect. I hope it sells but the new owner(s) will have an uphill battle to clean up the name and quality. I am happy with the machines and their performance but it took a lot of work and modification on our part to get there. Any new owner will have the challenges of building equipment new to them and potential log jam of parts orders from unhappy customers. I hope it sells and wish the new owners the best of luck.