PDA

View Full Version : Can't take another week like this one. . .

Recluse
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
1. One of our family pets had to be put down.

2. We parted ways with the (adopted) daughter. She's a month away from turning 20 and is now 100% on her own. She'll not get another dime from us, has been written out of the will, and all but ex-communicated. This was all due to actions taken by her despite repeated pleas and warnings not to. But she did the things anyway--and it's the second time she's deliberately done these things for no other reason than to hurt us.

We only have one thing tying us still together, and I'm working on having that dealt with by the end of April/first of May. If at which time she is still in the mode of operation she is in, she is history.

3. My mom was admitted to the hospital with a mystery infection that the usual antibiotics wouldn't touch, then it was discovered five/six nights ago that she had osteomyletis plus a staph infection and then something else, infectious-wise, that was just serious as hell and if it hadn't been caught when it was caught (late in the day), she would not have survived the night.

The head of Infectious Diseases took over her case, brought in FOUR other doctors and two macrobiologists. Finally got a handle on the infections and Mom turned the corner late Wednesday evening. They discharged her from the hospital today and sent her home.

Arranged for home healthcare to come every five hours to check on her and administer the antibiotics through the PICC line they put in her, plus I have an RN coming twice a day to change bandages on the open wounds the infections caused--which are gawdawful looking.

The plane is fueled, loaded and pre-flighted. Leaving at first light in the a.m. to go see her and Dad. We're not a big family, but I'm not looking to see us get any smaller any time soon, either.

This one has had me worried sick.

4. We finished up our taxes. The results of that cannot even be commented on here without language that would have me banned from here permanently and then some. Same old carp every year and I'm sick and tired of being punished for having risen from hand-me-down clothes and growing up absolutely lower-class income--and worked my behind off, including tours in the military so I could get a GI bill and go to college, making smart business and investment decisions, being generous with our blessings and gifts. . . and every damned time this time of year rolls around, we get screwed harder, deeper and rougher by an out-of-control government.

Meanwhile, I see these *** welfare SOBs abusing the system SHAMELESSLY and doing with our money. OUR MONEY, folks! OUR MONEY. Not theirs.

http://gunsnplanes.blogspot.com/2011/03/welfare-cheats-are-scum.html

Thought I was going to get arrested yesterday. The store manager told me he was going to call the police. I told him to tell them to bring a lunch.

Don't need another week like this last one.

:coffee:

nicholst55
03-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Recluse, I can only imagine what you're going through. When I read posts like your's, I realize how I have been blessed. My two sons are grown and married, and are both doing well on their own. My folks have both passed, and although I deeply miss them at times, they are in a better place.

I don't know if this will mean much to you or not, but I'll pray for you and your family. I wish I had words of encouragement for you, but in this economy with our current government, I fear that we have yet to see the worst of days. I fear that history will call our current misfortunes the 'good old days,' and merely the beginning of a new 'Great Depression.'

geargnasher
03-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Kinda makes one want to ask "who is John Galt?", doesn't it?

My solution is to live on the fringes of society, earn so little that there isn't much to take, and try not to be bitter that (at least it seems) no good deed goes un-punished. I grew up knowing that people like you would be bled to death in every way possible, and it makes me sick. Our beliefs differ considerably, but I'm sending some strong medicine a few hundred miles NE of here right now in hopes it will fade the anger, hurt, and worry a little so you can focus more on the compass and airspeed.

Gear

Harter66
03-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I've had some doozeys but I think you've topped me .

Gods speed and fair winds.

jmsj
03-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Recluse,
Man I thought my week was bad. But at least my 7 yr. old son got to come home from the hospital yesterday.
I hope that things will straighten out for you soon. I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong and have faith. jmsj

MakeMineA10mm
03-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Recluse,
You have my sympathies. Hopefully the saying, "it can only get better from here" will find you and yours for a long time to come.

About your mom -- My brother-in-law just had osteo-mylitis. Started in his jaw, of all places. Just an FYI, until a few years ago, this ifection was a death sentence for most people. New antibiotic cocktails have been found that address it, but it's still a very serious situation with lingering repurcussions. Hope everything with you mom turns out well. (Was the third infection MRSA?)

As far as your check-out line confrontation, I love it! It was probably her bad timing to be stupid in front of you when you were having a week from hell, but how ironic and entertaining that so many others joined in!! I've long advocated several major reforms to the welfare system, but I can't get anybody to listen to me...

(Such as: 1. Lifetime available benefit for unemployment, welfare, medical card, and food stamps should be 4 years; 2. Food Stamps should only be useable to buy the cheapeast groceries (generic or store-label) and then they should only be allowed to buy nutritional items, not the junk-food, as you've noted; 3. To keep unemployment, you have to show that you have applied at at least 5 potential employers per week; 4. No extra benefit for more than one child, except food stamps and medical card; 5. Unemployment benefits should require the person to take any job offered, not just one that is at a similar or higher rate of pay (and the unemployment benefit could pro-rate to make up the remainder, but your still burning the 4-yr. clock of your benefits.)

Anyway, sorry for the hijack, and here's hoping the remaining weeks of 2011 are much better for you.

Storydude
03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
My friend, My week of hell pales in comparison to yours. I agree 100% on your thoughts posted on your blog though...After being told I make 12 dollar too much to qualify for assistance, but would qualify if I signed my OWNED HOME over to them, I'd get assistance, I about snapped.

Godspeed and smooth sailing my friend.

Echo
03-27-2011, 01:22 PM
My immediate family has been blessed with MRSA, C-Diff, intestinal blockages, congestive heart failure, colo-rectal cancer, perforated colon, and so on, over the last 1 1/2 years, but nothing as concentrated as yours, Recluse. Things will get better. And things will keep going, no matter what.

And a BIG WAY TO GO, re the welfare maggot. I have forwarded the blog to my address book.

From another Texan...

fatelk
03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Regarding food stamps I have to agree to some point. Much to my embarrassment, we received food stamps for a few months. I had been out of work for a year and a half by then, going back to school on taxpayer money. They told us we could have been getting food stamps the whole time, even though we still had money in the bank!

The amount we received, especially after unemployment ended, was obscene; far more than needed. We could have lived on steak and shrimp every day. I'm all for helping people whenever we can, but having received food stamps I strongly agree that what may be purchased should be limited.

Doc Highwall
03-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Hang in there Recluse hopefully the better weather will bring nicer things. I remember what you had written about your daughter here and what you had gone through with her and hopefully she will come to here senses in a short time.

9.3X62AL
03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Recluse--

Brother, fervent hopes and ongoing prayers that all things turn around and run well for you and yours. Style points awarded for the store action, too. Welfare and food stamps are a safety net--not a lifestyle choice. Don't get me started with that rant.

Houndog
03-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Atta boy on the checkout line! As for the rest, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May GOD in his infinate wisdom guide you and yours and may he bless you and yours and lift these burdens from you.

MT Gianni
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Hang in there Recluse. Prayers sent re your Mother. I know from first hand experience that adopted children can tear your heart out but can come around also. Please consider leaving her an out that at some time she might have a refuge, however temporary or permanant if she can change her ways.

AZ-Stew
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Recluse,

I was taught a long time ago that God will never give you a burden larger than you can carry. Things will improve. Trust me.

That said...

Just had a thought... (Danger!, Will Robinson!)

Why don't we start a campaign to get Congress to pass a law requiring special labeling for foods that qualify to be purchased with public assistance? I don't think I need to elaborate on this.

Regards,

Stew

Bulltipper
03-27-2011, 07:08 PM
CAVU and tailwinds...

arjacobson
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Hang in there. A few years ago my father died on my birthday(my brother and I found him) A day later my sister died of cancer. I got my birthday card in the mail from my dad the day we found him. We settled their estates and my end of the estate taxes was 53 THOUSAND dollars... Yep you read that right. Could have really helped the kids with college with an extra 53 grand... I have worked for a living since I was 12 years old... I too am also tired of the freeloaders. I see them everyday when I'm out on the streets.. Hang in there.

blasternank
03-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry about your week and hardships. I hope this week goes better for you!

Charlie Two Tracks
03-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear of your week Recluse. I could tell you horror stories of things that have happened here but that wouldn't accomplish anything. Hang on and remember that this is a fallen world. I try to look around and see that my problems are (1) of my own making (2) something I really should have seen coming (3) just part of life. I still feel bad when things happen. I'm just human. I really do try to look around and see those who are worse off than myself. It seems to help me appreciate what I have. Two weeks ago my older brother (62) suffered a massive stroke. He just got out of intensive care and is paralized on his left side. He can't sleep or talk and they are putting a feeding tube in his stomach some time today. He turned 62 the first part of March. One week before this stroke, he and his wife of 42 years inherited the family farm of 80 acres where she has lived since birth. They do not have health insurance......... 2 weeks intensive care, surgeries and no end in site. Dang. That is just the way things happen some times. I try to keep my thoughts on things above and not down here. Sorry for the post. It kind of helps to type out how you feel at times. No matter what happens.......... you are not alone ( I gotta keep reminding myself of that). I can get so easily caught up in what is negative in my life. I'm going to take a deep breath, thank God for what I have and head into work now. Enjoy today guys. I'm going to give it a good try.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
And I did. Had a pretty good day at work. Sorry about the bummer post above

Hamish
03-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Thoughts and prayers, that's all that can be said.

white eagle
03-28-2011, 08:34 PM
man you did have a tough road lately
and I for one am sorry to hear that
know this it will be better the sun will shine

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Some times the road is long and dusty, we never know what may be in store for us . . . but knowing that God is in charge can give us a smile!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Motorcycle/RideHome039.jpg

I have been praying for you and your family Recluse.

canyon-ghost
03-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Hang in there, JD. We'll be thinking of you. See ya back in chat.

Ron

OBIII
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
You have the thoughts and prayers of those attending chat, recluse. All I can offer is "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger". At least that's what the old one's would tell us.

OB

scottiemom
03-29-2011, 09:58 PM
prayers are with you and your family. here if you need us. and remember - God is faithful!

Doby45
03-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Dangit Recluse, you are my hero. I have bookmarked your blog..

Recluse
04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the support.

Three out of the four are pretty much resolved:

1. The pet--time heals most, if not all (sometimes) wounds. She was old, had cancer, had stolen our heart, but it was time to go.

2. My mom is out of the hospital, at home with a PIC-ine and getting antibiotics every six hours, plus a big antibiotic (infusion) once daily, and the wounds on her jaw are being treated and packed daily by the home health care RN who visits her. My dad is getting caught up on his rest as well.

Will be flying back out to Lubbock Tuesday or Wednesday for another visit and status check.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts for her.

3. Taxes. Not a damn thing good can be said except that they're done, and as usual, we're waiting until the last minute to put the check in the mail--just out of spite, as we always do.

A day or so later after I wrote this initial post about how grand of a week I was having, I had this happen:

We must be insane in this country (http://gunsnplanes.blogspot.com/2011/03/we-are-insane-certifiably-insane.html)

As far as the daughter? If all goes well, we'll see her for the last time late Saturday afternoon when we get our car back. All the pictures of her are down, room is cleaned out and completely back to how it was before, financial matters settled (except for the car--we're selling it), she is no longer in our will or legally attached or associated with us in any way whatsoever.

More on this later, but it's beginning to appear the wife and I were conned by her deadbeat white trash mom. I considered hiring a private investigator to do some cursory background work as what I've found out through my own research and discovery has not been adding up.

My strong opinion is that both kid and mom are pathological liars and thieves.

Of course, as the kid always bragged about how strong her "karma" was about having it bite other people in the butt. Well, somehow her mom got slapped with a $42.194.12 lien against her retirement checks for failure to pay ANY taxes or even do the forms for two straight years.

Have no idea how the IRS found out about that. . . [smilie=1:

That karma, she is a b(rhymes with "itch") sometimes. And sometimes she's a princess.

:coffee:

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Good to hear your Mom is getting better, It may take some time, but it is good that she has people who care!

Keep your head up!

pls1911
04-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Divorce is never easy weather it's sourced from spousal or kid events, but your on track. Sorry for the wasted time money and years...

Taxes? Yup, you're among friends here.
When , after you've bootstrapped your way to success, the government wants to convert your bootstraps and hard work into the harness of slavery, every citizen should be PO'd.
Ever wonder why businesses are basing elsewhere? if they can save half of what they pay in taxes by renting a Swiss office why wouldn't they? Our own folks make it harder to do business here and then wonder why everyone lives here but incorporates elsewhere.
Patriotism has nothing to do with it...common sense economics does.

azcruiser
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Recluse that was a bad week without a doubt . Kids
what can I say ? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink .My experience has been the hopefully the good comes out in time .
Have 2 sons one 46 the other 37 .The older one
had issues was ready to kill him myself in his twenty's but turned the corner in his early thirties .
Today he's doing very well except for health issues that are directly related to his life style in his 20s .The younger one has never been a problem . Parents my father lead a full life WW2
Marine pulse Korea very active. Dropped dead at the gym working out he was 87 .That was both sad and happy knowing he was doing what he liked to do since no one could tell him what to do.Losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through their so loving and trusting and loyal .Few time in my life where I have actually broken down and cried lost my black lab of 12 yrs.Gets that way when you live alone . Welfare
it's in my opinion is the system is completely broken crazy land nuts .I'm pretty frugal not poor but aways from rich.Know mortgage or cc bills and know cc or payments or car payments .Just the usual electric-water-phone TAXES . After my last stay in the hospital I was informed that I could get assistance with some of the large bills
but didn't quite qualify ? So I asked what do you mean this was what I was told .First since I only have a regular phone $10 a month .I should get a cell phone since that would come off my monthly income total ? Second I should buy a new car since the payment would come off my monthly income ? I should take a loan on my house because that too would come off my income ? If I did these things I would qualify for some government program that would pay my outstanding Hospital bills .Since I don't like bills
I declined made payment arrangements with the hospital .I pay them a little each month and if and when I die they get their balance when they divide up and sell my stuff .I would be to embarrassed to use some kind of card and have someone else pay my way . It's nuts did you know that you can get food stamps or what ever it called even if you make over $100,000.00 per year if you have enough kids/dependents. The system is broken

BorderBrewer
04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Recluse,
Sorry to hear of your bad week. I read your check out line story and was taken back in time myself. I was twenty years old with a wife and a new baby. I was an elementary school janitor on the night shift working my way through college. In those days we didn't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out of. With my income level I qualified for food stamps but would not take the dole. So one time back then I was standing in line at the grocery with my pound of cheap ground beef and a bag of macaroni for dinner and ahead of me is this well dressed woman buying rib roasts, steaks and the like. I watch her pay for this all with food stamps and I just shrugged. Then as I was walking to my truck after paying I see her loading her groceries into the trunk of a brand new Mercedes-Benz with Baja California plates! My blood was boiling at this point, but I just walked by. After reading your similar account I wish to h*ll I would have said something. Thank you for standing up to these parasites.

Regards,
BorderBrewer