PDA

View Full Version : UN small arms treaty

onesonek
03-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Sounds like this is ramping up again.
Received this poll in an email from a customer

http://www.nagr.org/UN_lp_survey2.aspx?pid=UN1k&gclid=CLfx283D2qcCFcW5KgodFy6q-g

GabbyM
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Probably will see some fears manifest.

Now that President Obama has taken the nation into a war on a UN resolution without so much as a hand shake from congress.

I’m all for whacking Kaddafi but we did have a Constitution here once.

klcarroll
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
............I’m all for whacking Kaddafi but we did have a Constitution here once.

GabbyM: .......You speak for me too!!

Kent

Moonie
03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
how many times a year does this come around?

Like the old saying, you know you are getting old when the Readers Digest jokes come around for a third time, or fourth...

DIRT Farmer
03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
The people meet at the UN every year to discuss this, then take a vote, normaly scheduled to make the US look bad. Madam Hillerary has said the US supports this, and has since she was the power behind the president. There is still the little problem with the 100 senators who have to answer to the voters every six years. They are the ones who will have the oppertunity to approve or deny the treaty.
If your senator does not know who you are, it's time to cure that.

JIMinPHX
03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
W was the one that started the whole thing with going to war on an executive order. When he did it, the Congress came along for the ride shortly thereafter to clean up the political mess, but none the less, the precedent had been set. W opened that door. The Kenyan is now happily walking through it.

JFK did the same type of thing on a smaller basis. W was the first one to be really egregious about it.

We need to push the dung back into the horse. We need to insist that the politicians comply with the Constitution. The more they get away with, the more unjust maneuvers they will keep trying.

Baron von Trollwhack
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I note today that the clips of bozo on the news show him proclaiming the un "MANDATE" to bomb Libya as why he sent the military into war. With the frogs by our side, like liberating Paris, the Italians, Ha !

And I have believed recently that he is ramping up to lie his way to initiating new gun control here as he did with the "no federal money for abortion" executive order and the various other things of the same ilk he has done.

They say a snowball started the Boston Massacre. They claim an unknown noise like a shot, caused the Kent State shootings. BvT

JIMinPHX
03-21-2011, 11:48 PM
I note today that the clips of bozo on the news show him proclaiming the un "MANDATE" to bomb Libya as why he sent the military into war.

I caught a few minutes of CNN at an airport today. My favorite part was when Wolf Blitzer said that we couldn't wait any longer to bomb Libya because otherwise many Iraqi civilians would have been slaughtered in Bengazi. The teleprompter under the airport screen actually came up with the same words - Iraqi civilians in Bangazi. Wow, they can't even keep straight which country they are talking about when they lie to us. What a bunch of yo-yos.

JIMinPHX
03-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I note today that the clips of bozo on the news show him proclaiming the un "MANDATE" to bomb Libya as why he sent the military into war.

Since when does a US president get a "mandate" from the UN to do anything? He is supposed to be the president of the USA, not the president of the UN.

Well,
actually he is probably not supposed to be the president of the US due to a few sticky little legal issues, but he has been professing to be the president of the US for a while now.

Do you think that he is going to try to get a UN post next? Maybe as the ambassador from Indonesia or something like that?

10x
03-22-2011, 06:28 AM
The U.N. small arms marking treaty means zilch in the matters of world affairs and the destabilization of third world countries so that stable countries can come to their aide and loot their resources.
I have seen ammunition that is unmarked - ie no headstamp at all, in plain brown cardboard wrappers that was destined for revolutionaries in a small central American country.

Gun manufacturers will stamp what ever country of origin the government of the time requires in the arms contract on the small arms they produce. This is called "false flag" labeling. It is amazing that the tin pot dictators who make up the majority of U.N. members have not figured this out.

The U.N. marking system is a means of assigning "blame". Like any marking system it can be defeated by governments and companies asking for no country of origin markings or false country of origin markings.

Too bad the machetes used to kill 800,000 people in Rwanda were not marked with the country of origin. That just may have changed the minds and stopped the miscreants who perpetrated that horrific genocide.

10x
03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I caught a few minutes of CNN at an airport today. My favorite part was when Wolf Blitzer said that we couldn't wait any longer to bomb Libya because otherwise many Iraqi civilians would have been slaughtered in Bengazi. The teleprompter under the airport screen actually came up with the same words - Iraqi civilians in Bangazi. Wow, they can't even keep straight which country they are talking about when they lie to us. What a bunch of yo-yos.

The media has never let the truth get in the way of a good story that will sell advertising...
CNN gives one version, FOX anther, and the truth is a third story.
The truth doesn't sell advertising so it gets ignored.

Sensai
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I haven't seen where either side in this scirmmish is worth one taxpayer dollar much less one American life.

OBTW W had overwhelming congressional approval. The same can't be said for Clinton. Not too much uproar about the little Serbian disagreement though. I think that it's time to get our government back into a three branch balance, sorta like Mr. Jefferson and friends envisioned.

onesonek
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
how many times a year does this come around?

Like the old saying, you know you are getting old when the Readers Digest jokes come around for a third time, or fourth...

I use to think far too often,,,,but then realized the threat still exist as there still a left majority in the Senate. And then add an event such as the shooting of a US Congresswoman in AZ. just adds fuel to their fire. If we drop our vigilence, eventually they will succeed. Remember it only takes a treaty like this to severely limit the the rights of our Constitution as in this case the the Second Amendment, and there is only 100 US citizens voting on it!!!!
I know I can't count on my 2 US Senator's as they both about as far left as Pelosi herself. One I believe even black-balled my email addy as I don't even get a canned response anymore. (she evidently didn't much like my question asking her if she ran her household budget they way they are the Country's). Repealing a law is one thing, repealing a treaty may prove far more difficult,,,i'm not sure, but hate to find out. Maybe there is someone here more versed in International Law that can answer that issue.

onesonek
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
"There is still the little problem with the 100 senators who have to answer to the voters every six years."

Herein lies the problem,,,as of late, politicians have thrown themselves under the bus commiting political suicide to further their cause.

"W was the one that started the whole thing with going to war on an executive order."

Actually he wasn't the first, Truman was the first as I understand it,when he ordered troops, into Korea.

DIRT Farmer
03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
My point was if you are concerned, find the best deal you can and support them. Money is ok, but feet on the ground wins elections.

onesonek
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I agree totally!!!!

jimmeyjack
03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
"There is still the little problem with the 100 senators who have to answer to the voters every six years."

Herein lies the problem,,,as of late, politicians have thrown themselves under the bus commiting political suicide to further their cause.

"W was the one that started the whole thing with going to war on an executive order."

Actually he wasn't the first, Truman was the first as I understand it,when he ordered troops, into Korea.

Sure but blaming Bush is so much more dramatic these days:popcorn:

onesonek
03-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Well,,,regardless, BO handled Libya poorly at best. He is nothing more than a puppet in most respects. Being's he invoked the "war powers act" for the most part, He should have done it the minute Gaddafi admitted to the flight 103 lockerbie bombing. That and his genocide is all the excuse he needed. All BO needed is a confirmed location via satelite or other means, and a couple drone launches or a tomahawk from the carrier group near by. Sure russia and china would have scolded him, but it would have been forgotten history days ago at a cost a million or 2 instead of where its at now. All would have been cool had he called Boehner and Reid in the office and said "this is what's going to happen". But then we know he not a leader in which to make such decissions,,,,as I said,,a mere puppet.

JIMinPHX
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
But then we know he not a leader in which to make such decissions,,,,as I said,,a mere puppet.

So then, If you see him as a puppet (& I'm not looking to argue against that), then who do you see as the puppeteer?

onesonek
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
For the most part,,,,Soros. Not that Soros wanted him to do what he did in Libya,,, I believe world / UN opinion drove that more than anything else. Then too I believe the SEIU leadership has strong influnces on him as well.
After all he said as much in so many words,,,,
"Judge Me by the People Who Surround Me."

GOPHER SLAYER
03-24-2011, 12:10 AM
About the time W was born I seem to remember another president using a UN mandate to get us into a" police action" called Korea. I was in the U.S. Navy in the early '50s and there were many guys who were bitter about being called up to serve so soon after WWII. That same president fired the man who wanted to finish the job. Now we are facing the same enemy and today the creep has some very nasty weapons and he seems willing to use them.