PDA

View Full Version : menopause and my solution

omgb
11-30-2006, 12:38 AM
The little woman is going through the "change" and it's killing me. I finally got tired of trying to guess her mood so I bought a big mood ring. When she's feeling great and in a good mood it glows a beautiful blue-green. When shes in a foul mood it makes a big fat red mark on my forehead.[smilie=1:

Lightning Ross
11-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Good thing you didnt buy a mood tomahawk. I feel your pain. I told my wife during one of her fits .There is a reason for horse acutions and devorces. I went to my shop for several hours.

Lee
11-30-2006, 02:15 AM
DON'T ask.."are you flashing again?..unless you have your escape route planned well in advance. I didn't and have the scar to prove it.................Lee:)

Bret4207
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
My wife is approaching "the time". She tells me a small percentage of women find themselves in the happy circumstance of feeling, well, VERY FRIENDLY if you take my drift. I'm praying shes in that small percentage.

MT Gianni
11-30-2006, 10:54 AM
MY wife went through 3 and I think a 4th may be on going. The first 2 were chemically induced as a cure/ hope to fix against endometriosis. The third was natural and I think what is going on now is nsf meds or the wrong ones. It helps to have a garage or shop, plead deafness, hunt coyotes or trap, get outside and give each other space. Bret imho when some women realize they can no longer concieve there is a change of attitude but it isn't universal. Gianni.

Boz330
12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
My wife actually wasn't to bad. But a friend said it best when said that he thought that it wouldn't be bad when his wife didn't have to be a witch one week out of the month. Then he found out that during menapause they are that way for the whole month. Never ran into that other thing. Too late to break another one in. This one has figured out that I'm not going to change and is resigned to it, and I'm to old to fight it all over again.

Bob

JeffinNZ
12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
What the...........?!

Nobody told me about this before the wedding!

357maximum
12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Never totally trust an animal that can bleed for a week and not die...

versifier
12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Mentalpause is an unfortunate fact of life. Men have just had to deal with it through the ages and nothing much has changed except that as people live longer, more women survive long enough to go through it and make the lives of their menfolk miserable. Some of us come with stick shifts and can only shake our heads (the ones on our shoulder, that is). My ex went through the "friendly" kind. I don't recommend it, either, as she got too friendly with EVERYBODY. Needless to say it didn't go over too well with me. If only there was something that balanced it, like for instance women in their 20's developing an insatiable desire for bald old Italians with spare tires and...... oh well. [smilie=1:

waksupi
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Men also go through it. Typified by chasing something half his age, and not knowing what to do with it, when he catches it. Usually lasts long enough for the wife to take any remaining kids, and all property. Other manifestations are wearing gold chains, open neck on the shirt, and sports cars.

robertbank
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Good Luck! MIne had her change sped up by Chemo (Not a recomended solution incidently). She now says, "I wasn't like that was I dear?"

My reply, "Heavens no I hardly noticed."

I then make a mental note to go to church one of these
Sundays and ask for forgiveness, I think God will understand my not wanting to join him anytime to soon.

Take Care

Bob

nighthunter
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Robertbank ... sorry to say but my wife went the same way. She said afterwards that it was the only good thing to come out of it. 2 bone marrow transplants and all the chemo just about killed me mentally but she came through it with class. She never once muttered " why me ". I hope that if it is ever my turn that maybe, I might have the serenity that she had. We've been together for almost 40 years. It's the longest I have ever been in one place.
Nighthunter

robertbank
12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
They are very special Ladies, you and I are blessed. 36 years for me.

Take Care

Bob

kodiak1
12-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Archie Bunker put it into perspective.

"Edith you got 4 days to get over it Period."

Mine has had her moments for it seems like ever, I am curious as to how many years it can last. Is there a Guiness book of records for women going through Menopause?
Ken.

robertbank
12-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I've heard it takes years for Alberta women to get over it then they get moody!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Take Care

Bob

Lightning Ross
12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
There are several injustes in life when male or female menopause hapens you just have to keep in mind .That 25 goes into fifty for females a lot more times than 50 goes into 25. For males. It just aint fair.

jtmonroe
12-06-2006, 08:34 AM
The preacher's sermon was on the Bible and how the answer to all of life's problems can be found therein. One need only look.

After church he was asked by young husband if PMS was mentioned anywhere in the Good Book.

"Certainly" he replied turning to a well-thumbed page. "It says here that Mary rode Joseph's a$$ all the way to Bethlehem!"

Bigjohn
12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't remember reading this in the MANUAL. :-D [smilie=1:

Is there actually a manual for this sort of thing? :roll:

John

robertbank
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Yes you will find it in the library.

Think the title is "10 Reasons Why Husbands Commit Suicide" or maybe under "Suicide Made Easy". Just forget which. Lost my memory a while back, got hit in the head with a dinner plate when I asked "What's for supper hun?" Who would have known....

Take Care

Bob

Buckshot
12-07-2006, 05:17 AM
..............I'm lucky I guess. My wife is a probation officer with the county so she gets her "Desire to maim" taken care of at work. When she gets home I'm usually always in the shop and I'll usually wait for her to speak first. That way I can gage a good response to whatever attitude she's currently harboring.

A few times she's walked through and said if I was expecting something for dinner I was on my own. I don't mind. I'm an easy keeper and can nuke a hotdog with the best of'em :-).

...............Buckshot