PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a rem. .44 flask?

shoestring
03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I bought my son a pietta 1858 for his b-day. I am building a fancy oak range box to keep it and all of the swag in. every item will fit nicely in a felt lined recess. I have layed out the revolver, capper, nipple wrench, cleaning kit, cap tin, and have 2 areas set aside for conicals and wads. I ordered the flask when i ordered everything else, but it has been on back order (cabelas) and i will not see it till later in the week. I'm running out of time and need to keep going on this project. if someone has one of these flasks (4 oz with the 2 birds and resting dog) could you please measure the width of the widest part and the length without the spout. it would bail me out of a jam for sure. I will actually use the one i have ordered to make the cut out, but for now i need to make sure i leave enough space for it. thanks a million!

mooman76
03-20-2011, 02:32 PM
If mine is the same one it's 3"x 5" add another 1/4" for the spring and thumb lever.

shoestring
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=mooman76;1205091]If mine is the same one it's 3"x 5" add another 1/4" for the spring and thumb lever.

awesome, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!